UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

Hello
greetings which is best suitable core for d class for power output 2kw to 3kw got some sendust cores from china sound has become clearer no heating
of core and fets lukewarm but after some time fets and ir2110 blow up
any reason for this happening for tests i used irfp250 2 pairs supply 70 volts dc+/- any clue why this is happening
warm regards
andrew lebon
in my previous amp, if the amp runs ok at first then after a while the mosfet burn (or the driver stage blew) it usually means that the cores saturate. same thing for an amp that are stable in low power but burn the mosfet or driver stage when i draw high power from it.

most people suggests to use a low permeability iron toroid with high frequency stability. i see a lot of people are suggesting to use material 2 iron toroid, especially the T106-2. for high power maybe you could stack two of the cores as one or use a bigger toroid made from material 2.

IRS 3000 D

Hello
greetings pcb printed opposite but irs 3000 working so is ocp working
testing on 40 0 40 dc+/- will test on 80 volts dc and FDA mosfets diyers
pcb is absolulety correct amp and ocp working good
warm regards
andrew lebon

Attachments

• DSCN3469.jpg
    DSCN3469.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 2,125
Jlester IRS900 use irfp264
the design is stable with other mosfets. i've tried it with irf540n and irfb5615 and they're both stable.

hi to all,
help me to design class d amp 500w using ir2110 i will try to many time its will fail. will try irs900 but is get warm in ir2110 so pls give any suggestion to make success full class d amp or give no error class d amp schematic.
do try the irs900d. you could just use 1n4148 for all the diodes except for the bootstrap diode nearest to the ir2110. 1n4148 should be easily available locally to most people. use 27-30 ohm gate resistor and you should reduce the mosfet and ir2110 heat.

also it makes much sense to run two of the irs900d bridged if you're thinking of drawing high power from them.