UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

Can't find nor 17 , nor 28 mix , the only blue is "-M125 Material: This 125 permeability moly-permalloy powder material will have the lowest core losses for frequencies of 200 kHz or less. Similar to the -70 Material, physically small sizes will be most competitively priced."

Attachments

• mic.JPG
    mic.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 1,320
  • mic2.JPG
    mic2.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,237
bridging ucd amplifier

Hi Dimonis
greetings thanks for schematic its time i made it Q4 no number only
OTA114ES any thing i can use for it thats only part i dont have and confused over IC 74AC OOSC so many 7400 available do i have to use ONLY 74AC00SC
hex inverter ic just need help on these parts and i am ready to try it its my learning project
warm regards
andrew lebon

JBL Class D amp for Subwoofer!

Dear All:

I am planning to devlop a PCB of the attached Schematic, this is from JBL sub.

I know there are more simpler schematic out there but just thinking that this is well tested and all soft of protections are there.

Any comments not to do this? Thanks in advance to all.

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/PYYgQ0JcEeGSgRICOBql1A/jbl_s120pii_[ET].pdf

Thanks
Raj

For Andrewlebon

you can use any two amps for bridge with this! Amps must be the same as much as possible.

I use this schematic for this ucd amp. On out+ goes in of first amp and on that amp you conect + of speaker. On out- goes in of second amp and on that amp you conect - of speaker.

And that is all about full bridge. With this amplifeir this is very good schematic because in inputs of both amps you have op amps who is low impedance soruce of signal, that means you can use 4.7nF cap from input to gnd and you have low noise and full audio range. Before input (in1) on bridge adapter, I recomanded you 4.7K lin pot for volume!

All is power with +-15V

Attachments

• Bridge adapter sema.gif
    Bridge adapter sema.gif
    13 KB · Views: 1,266
If you build classic amp with two chanel, you can use my "Volume panel".

With this panel you have volume control for both chanel and easy can swich all amp in full bridge mod with bridge swich. When bridge is on, Led is turned on..

All is powered with +-15V and when is whole amp in bridge mod, then you use Ch2 pot for volume control

6 pins double swich that I use for this. It's no metter side of conection, only is metter conection of swich PARALEL to pins on pcb (like the swich is on top of pcb, if you understand me).

Now you'll know when is bridge mod turned on because led will turned on too.

Attachments

• bridge 1.png
    bridge 1.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,277
  • swich.jpg
    swich.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,209
  • bridge1.pdf
    16.5 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Full bridge is good for subwoofers in class D, because half bridge dont have strong "bum" bass :). Only problem with full bridge is very high current and bus punping. Lots of capacitance needed in PSU to avoide bus pumping in rails and if you drive 4ohms speaker in full bridge, both of amps sees half of whole impedance = 2 ohms per amp...

What do you think, can IRFP250 run in full bridge on +-70V and 4ohms load?

I drive IRFP240 on +-50V and 4 ohms full bridge and everuthing is ok but mt transformer dont produce big current and before cliping in subwoofers I can hear big dostrosion and mechanical sound

IRFP250N yes why not, if you dont mind about thd. u need to setup proper gate resistor for it or u will need big heatsink :D

i did before full bridge with irf540N with 2 board and drive 6 15 inch speaker hard at carnival college start run 8:00 pm till 2:00 am, and its survive hehe :D voltage = +/- 48.9 vdc, 1 uf caps at each amp and 22 uh T106-2 no problem.