UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

Because lower disipation of shunt resistor, I will use transistor instead of optocoupler. Now voltage drop is 0.7V
In simulator it works (schematic like Luka's)

Rsens = 0.7V / (Ucc/2Rload*2*sqrt2)

Rsens = 1.4Rload*sqrt2 / Ucc (1.4~sqrt2) =>

Rsens = sqrt2*Rload*sqrt2 / Ucc

finaly

Rsens = 2Rload/Ucc (=) Ohms

Attachments

• overcurent prot.png
    overcurent prot.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,147
I made a mistake regarding my wire/inductor protection...using an inductor with a core with value>1uH is not recomanded because it will be too sensitive to noise...:(
Aditional residual filtering should be made elsewhere...thanks Pafi for clearing that up..:)...so a low inductance(<1uh) wound wire is recomanded..

Dzony988 use optocupler/level shifter for ir2110 sd pin and faster detection if you love your transistors..:D

I said optocoupler for comunication with ir2110...
With optocoupler for the detector yes you will have 1.0-1.1 volt drop..if you decide to use my protection i thing you will get away with 400mv drop but i do not think you will have the pacience to sort resistors and obtain minimum error...:no:

Last edited:
Because lower disipation of shunt resistor, I will use transistor instead of optocoupler. Now voltage drop is 0.7V
In simulator it works (schematic like Luka's)

Rsens = 0.7V / (Ucc/2Rload*2*sqrt2)

Rsens = 1.4Rload*sqrt2 / Ucc (1.4~sqrt2) =>

Rsens = sqrt2*Rload*sqrt2 / Ucc

finaly

Rsens = 2Rload/Ucc (=) Ohms

Dzony, what software did you use for schematic capture ?

Do anyone have curcuit of input signal limiter but without optical elements. I try in simulator many of curcuit from google, but it doesnt work or has lot of distorsion.

something good what you used?

Reason why without opto elemets is because I dont like it and bigger rison is that I can only find photo resistor LDR07

Regards

Do anyone have curcuit of input signal limiter but without optical elements. I try in simulator many of curcuit from google, but it doesnt work or has lot of distorsion.

something good what you used?

Reason why without opto elemets is because I dont like it and bigger rison is that I can only find photo resistor LDR07

Regards

try this its from APEX should working very well

Attachments

• LIMITER.jpg
    LIMITER.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,243