UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

If you don't have time to try this, its your wish.

Pointless to try an unknown circuit, without predicted result.

Yes the working is based on leakage inductance + saturation of core, no doubt on that.

Then it can be done easier. Needless to deal with the whole voltage of inductor, the leakage can be sensed alone, with lower number of turns.

Hello,

I was reading some previous discussions. Most of us do not have proper instrument to measure Inductance of coil. Well, I use Arta for inductance measurement. Hope most of us have used LIMP (which is a part of ARTA) tool before to measure TS of drivers. The very same LIMP can do the job for us.

If you want me to post how to do it, I would create a document and post here for you. Pl let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks
In your experience how does it compare to sendust or hi-flux or MPP?

I have checked sendust with 60u[initial perm] it takes less turns for same value of inductance and also exhibit softer saturation curve but its very expensive than same size micrometal.

Gapped ferrites also work but they heat up alot , whereas these cores have negligible core loss and only loss is copper loss associated with them.

Which inductor do you select in mouser.cor /digikey for the amp.??

It must be something like this. The current bear the inductor must be commensurate with the output peaks.
++++++++++++++
Comrades, here are some pictures of a couple of UCD's. The sources are 55V and 48V. Excellent sound and clean. Barely perceptible warming and controlled by a fan. This assembly is to be disposed, in order to accommodate a Rectified 85V transformer from an old Peavey's CS800 for a couple of UCD's of 400-500W output.

Album

Greetings!

Last edited:
Last edited: