UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

This is my schematic with overload protection. Sound on stabilized power supply +-30V is very clear without any parasite sounds. And when amp is on smps +/-80V sound is OK with little bit regulation frequency sound from SMPS and temp is also OK. Measured RMS power is 650W with 4 Ohm load. :D Mosfets are IRFP 250.

hi fibko i tried your schematic on a strip board and it worked without noise .you,ve managed to eliminate noise :):):):) . i will try to in-cooperate the protection side later . the problem i was having was that one channel keeps going on silent after a while .but when i turn it off and on again it works . the other side has no issues . i think there is a problem with the lm311 or the c15 100u/16V near the input maybe .:confused::confused::confused: i used +/- 56vlts 700va toroidal transformer capacitors were 3300uf x 5pcs per rail rectifier diode was rbv5006

Attachments

• 241653d1316951631-ucd-25-watts-1200-watts-using-2-mosfets-class-d_schema_a.pdf
    29.8 KB · Views: 900
  • 241654d1316951631-ucd-25-watts-1200-watts-using-2-mosfets-class-d_schema_b.pdf
    29.8 KB · Views: 686
hi fibko i tried your schematic on a strip board and it worked without noise .you,ve managed to eliminate noise :):):):) . i will try to in-cooperate the protection side later . the problem i was having was that one channel keeps going on silent after a while .but when i turn it off and on again it works . the other side has no issues . i think there is a problem with the lm311 or the c15 100u/16V near the input maybe .:confused::confused::confused: i used +/- 56vlts 700va toroidal transformer capacitors were 3300uf x 5pcs per rail rectifier diode was rbv5006

What about distorsions?

o.k guys i don't know how to measure and do calculations or to use an oscilloscope much of my amp and smps making i learned from you guys at diyaudio. but i do know how to read a digital multimeter and to assemble the parts i thank GOD. sorry for inconvenience caused.
but according to my ears there was no hf noise as was present using the original schematic. thanks

Hi guys, i wanna make u a queistion, im getting iron powder cores from kitsnadparts, precisely the T106-2 one, can i use this core for the output filter? the "mini Ring Core Calculator" application says me i need use 49 turns of AWG20 wire, is this correct? anyone do it already?

Ty and sry for my bad english.

hi again.

ups maybe it is the wrong thread i posted in:eek: my d amp is based on the irs2092 and not this ucd.. so does it makes any differents what kind/type of capasitor i use when the fb is taking before the inductor?

i have read somewhere that polypropylen capasitors are the best choise for class d output filter is this right or wrong?

im really impressed about the sound from this amp and best of all no noise/hiss at all..simply dead silent:)

hope you understand my questions

Even with the filter as part of the NFB loop, the capacitors have an influence on the distortion. I did an experiment on a UCD-style amplifier by repacing the film capacitors in the filter with 500V X7R dielectric ceramic surface-mount parts. The distortion went up by 20dB! I would think that the same situation (or worse) would be the case for a pre-filter NFB amplifier design.

Hi fibko your circuit is working well but the protection is not working i am using +/- 30vlts and i have tried irf540 and irfp250 as output and both not shutting down if i connect a 0.1 dropper resistor at output and ground when playing . I will post my pdf project files and if i get hold of a camera i will post my project pictures.

Hi fibko your circuit is working well but the protection is not working i am using +/- 30vlts and i have tried irf540 and irfp250 as output and both not shutting down if i connect a 0.1 dropper resistor at output and ground when playing . I will post my pdf project files and if i get hold of a camera i will post my project pictures.

When you use +/-30V change R21,R23 to 4k7 and R25,R27 to 10k