UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

you are right, but if you use all smd package like sop, or even bga or lga, with board make out of copper coated in silver (for better rfi performance) and use shields like in mobile phones you can get some pretty results.

regards,
savu

yes, it is possible ,I have no doubt, I have had this experience.:)
The road is long, trim THD and IMD faults or frequency response or vice versa etc..
thinks about parameters, stability, linearity to load and modulation, linearity of thd, high frequency response, good protection. only when you want to make head against the wall might have finished the job. eheh!

Last edited:
I found some 10pF capacitors in the IR2110 model which i doubt should be there, with a parallel resistance set to 750k, when i removed these, i get a more reasonable 40-80nS propagation delay over the level shifter.

I wonder whwere the creator of the IR2110 model found that input capacitance, theres no mention of it in the datasheet, did he do an actual capacitance measurement of the input ?

Those 10pf were not that wrong, the IC may have 2-5pf input capacitance like logic gates, and the rest comes from PCB layout and collector-base capacitance of the level shifter...

Resistors may exhibit 1pf shunt capacitance too...

In simulation you can just delete parasitics, but what are you going to do in real life?

(Drive them from a lower impedance.)

I mean V1 and V2 on the schema, it is 18v, for a 200v fet you can play with higher voltage (maybe 60 or 70v)
IRFB5620 is a better mosfet for class D if you get the model and has 200v limit also, he must add some dead time control on Ir2110 input or the fets will go in cross-conduction, the simplest way is to add a series resistor and diode with a cap to common(the Ir2110 has a schmidt trigger on input to square the signal so you can save some gates), no problem for simulation but risk of sparks and smoke on real application without any dead time provision.

Seems like a lot of suggestions are coming up again ;)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...1200-watts-using-2-mosfets-7.html#post2272684

I agree with Andy that you have to measure prop delay at some more realistic voltages 18V seens a bit low ;) ....

Andy; about the dead time .... In my current amp I did provide dead time using 4 gates at the input ... but it is disabled as the gate resistors produce enough dead time ...
And the circuit as shown in the post mentioned abowe it ran ok without any troubles at +-30V without heat sinks etc. ....

IRFB5620 is a very good choice for "low power" applications ... say up to at least 200 W ....

Can anyone explain this phenomenon ? I swapped the transformer to get 2x35V instead of 2x18V, regulators for the comparator are fed 15V from a separate winding. Everything is fine until i bring the amp into run, then the gate driver starts sucking all juice it can, making the amp give a brief pulse of audio output.

I even tried with a 12V 4A smps, and even it detects a short as soon as the amp is turned on and starts pulsing = pulsed audio output.:confused::confused:

Wtf is going on here ? when its turned back into standby, the IR2010 stops pulling current.

The pulsed audio output suggests that everything is working, but the pulsing indicates some fault i dunno what it is.

Im stumped:confused:

Increasing the voltage was a bad idea, it lasted around 5 minutes before the high side fet overheated and lifted its lid, even the plastic insulator had melted itself stuck to the tab. Hopefully the speakers survived, tho i heard weird noises from them after i ripped the plug outta the wall, so they have be dead too.