ucd 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets - Page 232 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th August 2012, 11:03 PM   #2311
paskal9 is offline paskal9  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don2007ksa View Post
thank's a lot andrewlebon i'll try find it here,good day.
you could also try ferrite core with 3mm gap. i find that they're more readily available at local electronic supplier then iron toroid. or a good iron toroid with low permeability without needing a gap. the etd core that people are suggesting you could find them in a computer power supply. desolder and remove the all the original winding and cut a gap at the center pole.
Old 16th August 2012, 11:10 PM   #2312
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlebon View Post
Hi Nano
greetings i made this DETEX dc protector same one you use can you please check if its ok MPSA13 darlington transistor any substitute for it
warm regards
andrew lebon
USE BC517
Nano
Old 17th August 2012, 04:01 AM   #2313
diyAudio Member

when i apply function generator with input frequency of 1KHZ it give output of 3KHZ ......why is that so???????????
Old 17th August 2012, 07:30 AM   #2314
manojtm is offline manojtm  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If level shifter is not good the amplifier will not work at all..,or something will get very hot quick.
What mistake have you found in my schematics?
Hi CPX,
pls show your schematics
if you are using eagtagle's (thread started one Mr.andrew)schematic
Need the changes
1. use LM311P, supply +5v and -5v
2. level shift circuit,both transistor switching voltage is different(one is very high @18V and another is very low @1.3V) so you should correct the voltage both @2.5V to 3V, check with DSO and correct it(for checking use external frequency @200KHz to get neat waveform) after connect IR2110 pin9 +5V PIN3 +12V and MOSFET
3. filter coil for checking use drum core with 60uH(old monitor horizontal linear adj. coil or power booster side coil, remove some turns use it)

Regards
MANOJ
Old 17th August 2012, 11:06 AM   #2315
CPX is offline CPX  Romania
diyAudio Member

1.I am using lt1016 at +-6.5 volts and gain 9 .Using a faster comparator has given no increase in performance versus lm311N or distorsion decrease(tested),in fact i had additional parasitic oscilations and a capacitor beetween in- and in+ was needed.

2.Level shifter schematic:
Click the image to open in full size.
Both logic and driver ir2110 supplies are at 12 volts and this si good because it helps with undervoltage lockout modifications that i made.I have simetric signals in level shifter(simulated and measured with max 2 volts difference)

My problem still remains EMI interference(manifested by audio signal noises modulated by sw fresquency difference between channels).
Old 17th August 2012, 12:03 PM   #2316
manojtm is offline manojtm  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have simetric signals in level shifter(simulated and measured with max 2 volts difference)
CPX,
without IR2110 (ext. connect freq. @200KHz) check the voltage both (H-in L-in).
when you connect IR2110 both input decreases and the out put you can see the 50% duty cycle wave with noise. when you increase the volume the noise increases and sound will distorted.

for calssD Amp you should sync fsw for 2CH design and good MOSFET will reduce EMI

Regards
MANOJ
Old 17th August 2012, 12:20 PM   #2317
diyAudio Member

I can not sync externaly ,all my syncronizing attemps resulted in huge distorsions aproacing maximum modulation.
Old 17th August 2012, 02:15 PM   #2318
diyAudio Member

from last couple of days i'm trying to ask something but hell with this post nobody is replying....everybdy is busy with there own stuff.....tell me if this place is whole piece of *hit

Last edited by sweetperfume; 17th August 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 17th August 2012, 03:39 PM   #2319
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetperfume View Post
from last couple of days i'm trying to ask something but hell with this post nobody is replying....everybdy is busy with there own stuff.....tell me if this place is whole piece of *hit
The answer is that no one tell you what is wrong without tests.Post switching waveforms,signal waveforms,residual waveforms.
Old 17th August 2012, 03:42 PM   #2320
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPX View Post
The answer is that no one tell you what is wrong without tests.Post switching waveforms,signal waveforms,residual waveforms.
just now i wont be able to place the waveforms as i'm out from my place....the output of 1khz was 3khz with distoted square wave....input was a sine wave

Hide this!Advertise here!