UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

You are using IR2110 ? Try IR2010

No I use a discrete power comparator for simplicity and to need only one supply,

I have this schematic who do stop when sound is off..

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_ Jan. 10 20.29.jpg
    ScreenHunter_ Jan. 10 20.29.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 901
I have many working projects , but they are mostly not UcD based . I don't like UcD - due to it's low loopgain it has heightened distortion , and if increase loopgain - it becomes unstable. I only use UcD for high (>1000W) power subamps, where THD is not the main criterion . And due to postfilter feedback can use less expensive output inductor, something like sendust ring cores....

Here is my old UcD bridge , cliplimiter on board.

UCD can get low HD when properly designed, multipole settings with low pass filters, ucd is self oscillating, best is design d amp who has without feedback already lwo HD, that is challencing but maybe a good step up for high end where there is not much yet.

Here she are.
wow thank you will post some sims soon.
I have a question about the Class D for subwoofer application. Do they have stability issues when either load is not connected or for extreme low frequencies?

The fundamental reason why i want to consider the full bridge and single supply is to avoid the bus pumping effect and i believe this circuit is also with post feedback so the DF could be more.

Did anyone tried this UCD with subwoofers with extreme usage in like PA with good results? I want to drive 21LW1400 from eighteen sound with excellent grip.

wow thank you will post some sims soon.
I have a question about the Class D for subwoofer application. Do they have stability issues when either load is not connected or for extreme low frequencies?

The fundamental reason why i want to consider the full bridge and single supply is to avoid the bus pumping effect and i believe this circuit is also with post feedback so the DF could be more.

Did anyone tried this UCD with subwoofers with extreme usage in like PA with good results? I want to drive 21LW1400 from eighteen sound with excellent grip.

I believe full bridge do also not have problems with bus pumping.

here some info.

http://www.irf.com/product-info/audio/classdtutorial606.pdf

In class D clipping sounds worse.

As I told before that during momentary clipping for self oscillating class D, PWM will stop for a moment and only pure DC will flow to speaker. And after clipping, it needs time to restart again the PWM. This event makes clipping in class D is worse than class AB.

It seems you don't have experience at all. :D

Experience is your privilege. Nobody else has it, unless he agrees with you. :p

ClassD clipping sound worse only if you make it wrong. If you do it right it returns to normal operation immediately after clipping. I also fallen to this error in my first big classD amp, but I didn't accept it, found the problem and corrected it.

I have many working projects , but they are mostly not UcD based . I don't like UcD - due to it's low loopgain it has heightened distortion , and if increase loopgain - it becomes unstable. I only use UcD for high (>1000W) power subamps, where THD is not the main criterion . And due to postfilter feedback can use less expensive output inductor, something like sendust ring cores....

Here is my old UcD bridge , cliplimiter on board.

thanks dimonis for sharing .nice layout .please post schematic of the project.

by the way which topology do you use nowadays of your class d amps??