ucd 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2010, 03:36 AM   #201
lycanlk is offline lycanlk  Sri Lanka
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewin View Post
hi lycanlk pls can you post your single sided board or email me the plans for your single sided circuit . many thanks in advance . stewin stevekamala@yahoo.com
I will send you, once I correct all errors on my PCB..
Old 25th July 2010, 03:46 AM   #202
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ionutzxpo
hi lycanlk do you have on imput noise like that found on the radio when it's tuned ? i made this amp whit the original PCB i use T130-2 core from micrometals wounded whit litzwire for the output mosfet i use IRFP260 nothing heats up i use +/-29V but i get this radio like noise on the imput i use an MP3 player (sony) it sounds good really good but when i touch the MP3 (it has metal body) i get radio like noise in spekers...allso if i connect the amp to the sound card off my computer i get real loud noises please help (sorry for my english)
Old 25th July 2010, 03:55 AM   #203
diyAudio Member

Default Dear Andrew,

I followed the attached schematic.. but its is almost the same original one if you can carefully follow it.. I used BC557 instead of 2N4501.. but I prefer 2N5401 ! I bunt all my 5401s burnt out in the test by my mistake. LOL

Output coil is getting hot a bit but can touchable.. want to check it with high voltage.. I will let you know. I wounded it myself just to test the amp so its not accurate at all.. some experts on this subject might help us in future..

regards,
Lycanlk
Attached Files
File Type: pdf My IR2110UcD update on 6_6_10.pdf (17.0 KB, 1154 views)
Old 25th July 2010, 04:08 AM   #204
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutzxpo View Post
hi lycanlk do you have on imput noise like that found on the radio when it's tuned ? i made this amp whit the original PCB i use T130-2 core from micrometals wounded whit litzwire for the output mosfet i use IRFP260 nothing heats up i use +/-29V but i get this radio like noise on the imput i use an MP3 player (sony) it sounds good really good but when i touch the MP3 (it has metal body) i get radio like noise in spekers...allso if i connect the amp to the sound card off my computer i get real loud noises please help (sorry for my english)
I cant give an exact answer for your request.. but I always use my computer sound card to test amps as a reference.. may be a bad habit but i'm used to..

Anyway once I bunt my main board due to leakage of high frequency though the cable from sound card so do not plug it to your PC unless you are sure about the amp.. (for safety)

check your copper paths and lines on PCB..and insulators there you'll find fault.. the amp should work fine with PC sound card !

you PC turned off as a safety function..otherwise your processor or mainboard is already gone and the noise you get because of the same fault I guess (high frequency leakage)

regards,
Lycanlk
Old 25th July 2010, 04:09 AM   #205
diyAudio Member

hi lycanik
greetings thanks for your reply all improvements can be read at
foros de electronica written in spanish use mozilla firefox and install addon
FOX lingo to translate pages please when you correct pcb can you send me
pcb pattern e mail to lebonandrea@yahoo.com
thanking you
andrew lebon
Old 25th July 2010, 04:17 AM   #206
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ionutzxpo
could it be because i used for feedback cap 330p ceramic..instead off mica (or polyester)? i heard that ceramic caps do not supress the high frecvencies that good (an it feeds the amp with high frec. on imput)
Old 26th July 2010, 03:55 AM   #207
diyAudio Member

Default I found the original PCB.. :D

regards,
Lycanlk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IR2110 UCD Screen.JPG (63.4 KB, 2003 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IR2110 UCDcopper.pdf (52.2 KB, 950 views)
Old 26th July 2010, 06:26 PM   #208
diyAudio Member

Default Dear Andrewlebon,

I made a mistake by winding the output inductor on a iron core.. That is the reason why it gets hot. because it filters high frequencies.. I rewound it on a ferrite core.. Its so cool now

And the amp has a problem when I connect it to PC. high frequency noise is coming out.. when It plays.. sounds like "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" hope no issues with other players..its coming only by PC.. and of cause no issues for subwoofers. It produces amazing bass.. very deep bass without any trouble! I will post pictures of my amp very soon (have a prob with my camera)

I redesigned my PCB. This time no issues.. works fine! anyway you have the original layout now. but if you need it let me know Ill send it.

regards,
Lycanlk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg class D on progress.JPG (78.3 KB, 1980 views)
Old 26th July 2010, 07:32 PM   #209
Banned

Try turning that ground trace into a ground plane.
Old 26th July 2010, 08:03 PM   #210
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycanlk View Post
I made a mistake by winding the output inductor on a iron core.. That is the reason why it gets hot. because it filters high frequencies.. I rewound it on a ferrite core.. Its so cool now

And the amp has a problem when I connect it to PC. high frequency noise is coming out.. when It plays.. sounds like "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" hope no issues with other players..its coming only by PC.. and of cause no issues for subwoofers. It produces amazing bass.. very deep bass without any trouble! I will post pictures of my amp very soon (have a prob with my camera)

I redesigned my PCB. This time no issues.. works fine! anyway you have the original layout now. but if you need it let me know Ill send it.

regards,
Lycanlk
The intention of putting together the heatsink the TIP31C is that it suppresses the release of HF. This PCB is very poor compared with that of the author.

Greetings!

Hide this!Advertise here!