UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

this is where it gets really hard building a class D, finding fault when you don't have access to a scope.

it would be much much easier to trace the culprit if you connect it to a scope as you can't possibly check the signals just by using a multimeter.
if you have a scope check the signal output after tl071. if that's working fine check the signal output after transistor. then check the signal into the inverter. then check the signal from the inverter to the ir2110 driver. you'll pinpoint the culprit in no time.
the voltage output does swing rapidly, as it's outputting triangle and square wave.

either trace it with a scope or it's a shot in the dark. even the small paper caps close to the tl071 to generate the triangle wave have a big impact. not all type works.

by the way lower your voltage rail during troubleshooting. better still, limit the current that's going to the amp. remove any high capacity power reservoir caps and discharge any rail caps. the amp should still work with around 20-30V rail. a good working class d should only use <0.5A during operation.

limit the voltage and current and limit your risk. 80V is much too dangerous to be working with your bare hands.

Have buy Scope and check to check IRS 4K5 , what I can see is

IR2110 Problem

HO output to Mosfet / Totem pole buffer driver, Scope show Triangle Square wave amp working,....Ho output is working

LO output from IR2110 to Mosfet / Totem pole buffer driver, Scope show nothings LO output from IR2110 is quiet ????

Is this normally ?

green Modulation LED is flashing with full power audio input, sound has very big distortion and is not loud for 80 V DC

I dont know what can do now ?
does another DIY people habe idea and solution ?

have change with another IR2110 and have chnage all ICs all the same

the corrected schema and the progress of manoj's double sided board aud900 :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• aud 900 to220 components.jpg
    aud 900 to220 components.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 1,916
  • aud 900 to220 schema.jpg
    aud 900 to220 schema.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 1,878
  • aud 900 revised schematic.pdf
    49.5 KB · Views: 678
  • aud 900 to220.jpg
    aud 900 to220.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 1,709
Last edited:
Have buy Scope and check to check IRS 4K5 , what I can see is

IR2110 Problem

HO output to Mosfet / Totem pole buffer driver, Scope show Triangle Square wave amp working,....Ho output is working

LO output from IR2110 to Mosfet / Totem pole buffer driver, Scope show nothings LO output from IR2110 is quiet ????

Is this normally ?

green Modulation LED is flashing with full power audio input, sound has very big distortion and is not loud for 80 V DC

I dont know what can do now ?
does another DIY people habe idea and solution ?

have change with another IR2110 and have chnage all ICs all the same
no it's not normal. the LO and HO is inverted from each other. check the HIN and LIN to see the control signal being given to the IR2110. if there's no LIN signal then there's no LO signal to the mosfet.

if there's no LIN signal but there's HIN signal then check your inverter.

You can derive the layout quite easily from the pic of the board and from the schematic:

I also challange you to produce a layout with this exact circuit with no changes that regardless of what speaker is connected only has a barely audible hiss.

With my selection of speakers this amp can go from a barely audible hiss on some speakers to a clearly audible hiss with some crackle on other speakers, particularly on single driver fullrange speakers.

Attachments

• YDxhfCv.png
    YDxhfCv.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,662
You can derive the layout quite easily from the pic of the board and from the schematic:

I also challange you to produce a layout with this exact circuit with no changes that regardless of what speaker is connected only has a barely audible hiss.

With my selection of speakers this amp can go from a barely audible hiss on some speakers to a clearly audible hiss with some crackle on other speakers, particularly on single driver fullrange speakers.

hi tekko
what is the maximum range of applied rail to rail voltage for this amp?