first class d build suggestions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What would be a relatively easy and effective first build for a class d amp for use with a pro audio coaxial, or pro style mid + waveguide and compression driver?

Also, what are thoughts on purchasing and upgrading the dayton dta-100? caps or bigger power supply?

any advice is greatly appreciated guys, thanks

brookbh:D

Are you looking to bi-amp/multi-amp, or passive crossover?

How much power do you need?

I'd look at either Connexelectronic or Class D Audio Home page.

If you only need a few watts, I'd recommend looking at the miniDSP/miniDIGI/miniAMP combo at MiniDSP
This combination allows for a fully digital signal path from SPDIF -> amp power stage. Power from the miniAMP is (continuous) either 4x10W@4ohm or 2x20@8ohm.

I would like about 50 watts at 8ohm per channel.

Would one of the 4 channel class d audio amps be suitable for a first build? The only thing that concerns me is that with these kits you are looking at about $400ish for an amp. I would hate to screw up and be out $400.

What your thoughts?

So the sure board tp2050 is about $50, and the mean well s-350-36 smps is about $60?

I found the s-350-24 and the s-350-48 on Computronics Utilities for Unix and PRIMOS . Who sells the s-350-37 smps?

A smps would simplify the build a bit, and keeping the costs down would be nice. Are there directions for assembling the sure tp2050, I know there is a very broad guide for the class d audio boards.

Assembled

So the sure board tp2050 is about $50, and the mean well s-350-36 smps is about $60?

I found the s-350-24 and the s-350-48 on Computronics Utilities for Unix and PRIMOS . Who sells the s-350-37 smps?

A smps would simplify the build a bit, and keeping the costs down would be nice. Are there directions for assembling the sure tp2050, I know there is a very broad guide for the class d audio boards.
Sure sell the amp modules and the SMPS. No assembly required.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.