Building Class D amplifier with PIC16F877A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking of building a Class D amplifier with PIC16F877A.
This micro-controller has everything I need.
It has 2 comparators and the output of comparator can be used as interrupt (bad idea for audio) and directly as PIN output (this is the way to go).

Then it has oscillator and it can be set to any frequency and it is very accurate.
I am thinking of programming it with MikroC or MikroPascal because I don't know ASM very good.

What do you think about this idea? I started making some hand drawn schematics but I am still confused about the feedback. :confused:

I am thinking of building a Class D amplifier with PIC16F877A.
This micro-controller has everything I need.
It has 2 comparators and the output of comparator can be used as interrupt (bad idea for audio) and directly as PIN output (this is the way to go).

Then it has oscillator and it can be set to any frequency and it is very accurate.
I am thinking of programming it with MikroC or MikroPascal because I don't know ASM very good.

What do you think about this idea? I started making some hand drawn schematics but I am still confused about the feedback. :confused:

hello RealForce,

I have seen wonders done with PIC microcontrollers, even audio, but you will defenetly need to use a dsPIC. have't tryed antithing like you are going to try.

BUT ... you can get irs2092s at a reasonable price and you will have loads of documentations at hand. some people even built "Killer Amps" with this chip, 1000w, 8 ohm powered from rectified 220v line. (tough I tend to thing that is just stupid and can easily send you in to nonexistance)

My advice is to try and build something that is allready done and then try to figuer out why does it work. do measurments, tests and so on. try something cheap like 100w class d amp with low voltages. A +/-90V suppy can be nasty if not treated with respect.

Best regards and keep on trying, the good thing after all the long nights and money spent on parts is that you end up with a lot of Know How (the most expensive thing on the market)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.