IRS2092 How to drive more then one pair of output transistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No no, this is not my prototype. I found it on some Thai forum few weeks ago and I wanted to build it. It is commercial product so I think it is good design.

I have to ask one question,when the power up to over 1000W ,reverse current will very large,so the output THD will very high,I think we have to change the output MOSFET connect method and make the mosfet body diode shut down ,so output signal will excellent when driver current enough.
IRS2092 not good choice in high power class D topic,I think we have to use discrete parts for better sound and stable products.

Hi RealForce,
IRS2092 is made for half bridge only. If you want to drive 4 MOS you have to use either 2 IRS2092 with synchronisation in BTL mode or 1 IRS2093 (4 channels) used in full bridge mode.
IRS2092 is able to drive 1A only and the choice of MosFet is important! Don't use Mos with a Qg greater than 30nC with a switch frequency of 400KHz

I have to ask one question,when the power up to over 1000W ,reverse current will very large,so the output THD will very high,I think we have to change the output MOSFET connect method and make the mosfet body diode shut down ,so output signal will excellent when driver current enough.
IRS2092 not good choice in high power class D topic,I think we have to use discrete parts for better sound and stable products.

Yes I also think that IRS2092 is not good at all. Right now I am working on modified version with discrete components.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.