Arjen`s MKIII or HLLY 20W TAMP-20 for TannoyF4???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I´m from Spain, (sorry for my english... :eek:)
This is my first post and I`m completely lost about t-amps...
I have a pair of Tannoy Mercury F4 and I want to buy a cheap/good amplifier for them.
So, here my doubts:

- Are they recommended for this kind of speakers? (I`ll use them in a small room)

- If yes, which one is better? (since I`m not a expert, do you think is worth the risk soldering a Arjen`s MkIII over buying "ready to go" HLLY`s T-AMP20 ?

many thanks!!!

Go for the Preassembled

The MkIII requires a power supply, chassis, rca input jacks, and output speaker jacks. Arjen sells a reasonably priced completed unit that includes all the above.

Arjen also sells a kit less chassis and power supply Arjen MKIII Kit. Everything else is included.

He offers a Completely Assembled MKIII. A power supply may also be ordered for this unit from Arjen (see the ad).

The Completely Assembled MKII is also available. A power supply is also available for purchase for this unit.

Any of these T-Amps and the Hlly should satisfy the needs of your speakers.

My Mistake

You are right about the Topping it is not the MKIII. However, it is a complete 2024 based T-Amp. For one who isn't handy with a soldering iron the Topping is an inexpensive entry T-Amp.

The MKIII is more oriented to the tweaker.

I have purchased a number of T-amps from Arjen and I have always been satisfied with his offerings. Although I have not purchased a Topping.

Last edited:
I would still go with the complete MKIII kit (not the topping) if for no reason other than the bolstered circuitry on the PCB, and the $15/10GBP PSU (free shipping if ordered together). All the connections are clearly marked.

That, and the flexibility of making my own case to match the rest of my gear.

but... if you must go the safe road, I'd go with the Arjen Topping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.