Arjen Helder Buffer V2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just checked out this thread- great info. I'm thinking to use the hifimediy dac (1853) with the Helder tube buffer and a TK2050 T amp from either Helder or Hifimediy.

I take it the Helder tube buffer will work with the Hifimediy amp?

Yes, as far as I can tell, it works with any amp and it does a very good job with the right tube. Actually, it does wonders. Here it is playing with a HIFIMEDIY T4.

This is my second Helder tube buffer implementation that I use in a tape monitor fashion, it really adds a lot of richness, detail, and body to the sound. I am using a donor 12 VDC SMPS power supply from a router or modem. It is great for adding to an iPod or some other weak signal as an extra layer of amplification.

The case is from www. mouser.com, you drill all your holes, it is a blank box. Worth every dollar.

I hope version 3 of his buffer is as good or better. This has got to be one of his better products.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    836.1 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    861.5 KB · Views: 698
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 645
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    788.1 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    796.5 KB · Views: 566
  • DSC00021.JPG
    DSC00021.JPG
    798.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Yes, as far as I can tell, it works with any amp and it does a very good job with the right tube. Actually, it does wonders. Here it is playing with a HIFIMEDIY T4.

This is my second Helder tube buffer implementation that I use in a tape monitor fashion, it really adds a lot of richness, detail, and body to the sound. I am using a donor 12 VDC SMPS power supply from a router or modem. It is great for adding to an iPod or some other weak signal as an extra layer of amplification.

The case is from www. mouser.com, you drill all your holes, it is a blank box. Worth every dollar.

I hope version 3 of his buffer is as good or better. This has got to be one of his better products.

Did you try Arjen buffer V2 with Hifimediy T1 amp? and are the results similar?

Complete schematics for tube buffer

Hi M-r Whaleman!
Do you insert you can the complete schematics for this tube buffer.
Thank you and cheers!

Tube preamp with 12AU7

Hi
The schematics not understand some things. Electrolytic capacitor of 4700uF/25V should this be connected as in the schematic?
Schematic for power supply relay is not clear, please schematics again a power supply for relay.
Otherwise, this schematics is the tube pre-amplifier with 12AU7, not a buffer, as a gain of about 14x.
The gain of the tube buffer is <1!
thank you and cheers!

Attachments

• Tube preamp with ECC82 (12AU7).jpg
    Tube preamp with ECC82 (12AU7).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.