Regulated supply, does it make sense ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok,np for patience,I...relaxed:)
first example is correct because Amp is single voltage.
2st example NOT correct because PSU "Meanwell SPSU" is a single out DC ref to gnd.
TRIPATH-digital-power-amplifier-TA2022-2x90W, necessity of dual voltage ref to gnd (+36V and -36V) (36VDC if you entry a DC instead of 24AC).
DC=(AC*1.41)

Regards

Thank you so much, AP2. I finally got it! :)
I have one last question - if I buy a dual voltage ref to gnd switching PS for audio apps and use it with an amp board which has single voltage input then there would be strongly asymetrical load for the PSU - only one of its two outputs will carry all load while the other output will be without any load. Is it good for the PSU, couldn't such conditions damage it (in long term)?

Thank you as always, AP2.
It seems I start to understand it. :)
Some amp boards, like this one, for example:
4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board -
have single voltage DC input (2-wire) and are ready for laptop like SPSU's. If I want to power this amp board by Meanwell SPSU (36V DC 9.7A 349.2W Regulated Switching Power Supply -http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=460) I have to use the "+V" and "Gnd" terminals of the SPSU, right?

And I if I had for example this amp board:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIPATH-digital...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483a46d473
and wanted to power it by the above mentioned Meanwell SPSU then I would have to connect "+V" terminal of the SPSU to one of the "AC24V" market voltage inputs of the amp board, "Gnd" to "Gnd" and "-V" to the second "AC24V" input of the amp board, right?

What about the voltages in the second case - if the amp board requires dual 24V AC power, do I have to recalculate the voltages somehow if I put dual DC voltage there?

Thank you for your patience with my lack of knowledge in this area. :)

I power my 2050 board from the V+ and V- of the meanwell. Measured 30V between those two terminals. Isn't that the right way of doing it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.