New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't want more power. I don't want to bridge them. I want to parallel them.
I hope this makes senses.

If it can't be done an explanation would be nice. I had read somewhere someone was thinking of doing it on there 4x100 board. One person seemed to think it would be ok and explained how to do it, but I want to be sure, so if you can explain why it can't be done, that would be great.

Last edited:
I don't want more power. I don't want to bridge them. I want to parallel them.
I hope this makes senses.

If it can't be done an explanation would be nice. I had read somewhere someone was thinking of doing it on there 4x100 board. One person seemed to think it would be ok and explained how to do it, but I want to be sure, so if you can explain why it can't be done, that would be great.

Sorry, I can not give a better explanation that has already been posted earlier in this post:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/164274-new-tk2050-board-5.html#post2219803

This post is related to Hifimediy amps. Earlier ones are T1 and T2, later ones are T3 and T4

Hi there
I would like to use ane iPhone as audio source for the t2. As far as I know there will be a problem with the input sensitivity on the t2. Could anyone please advice me which resistors should be swapped? What would be the rating of the new resistors? Does anyone know the output sensiticvity of an iphone? Lots of qustions ;-)

Thanks in advance

Cheers
iPhone has about 1V output and T2 takes 1.6Vrms.
It will work with no issue. Just you won't get the full power from the amp.

If at full volume you don't have enough power, you can increase the T2 gain a little.
It's by default 15 V/V.
You could increase the gain to 20 by lowering R1, R4 from 20K to 15K.
see tk2050 datasheet for detailed explanation of Gain calculation. T2 input and feedback stage is according to datasheet.

Last edited:
After some looking for a TK2050 amplifier I really don't know which one to buy.
Which amplifier and PSU is recommended for speakers with the following specs?

Element: 1" SuperAudio-treble, 2 x 3,5-" base
Impedance: 6 Ohm
Freq.range: 50-32000 Hz, 100-24000 Hz (+-6 dB), 150-22000 Hz (+-3 dB)
Delningsfrekvens: 4200 Hz
Sensitivity: 88 db (-+3 dB)
Max Power: 110 W
R.M.S. Power: 55 W

Thanks!
these are pretty common speaker specs. Most of the hifimediy amps will work well. It mostly depends on the power you want to get (how loud you want to play) and if you need or not onboard volume control.
A T2-510 with smps300R for example will be a good match. It you want to play very loud, T4 or T3S with SMPS500RS.

Hi, I think 220uF~680uF is ok here.

I also suggest using the sch bellow as we do on new T1.

R24 can be a 270~390ohm 1Watt resistor and C32 has range from 220~680uF, and no less than 35V. D2 is not installed.

What's thjis scheme for? I just installed an Nichicon gold of 220uf 50v in T2, and a 470uF 25V, some 100uF 50v for filtering the input also.

Haven't found an R24 in T2, do you think It should be fine like that:

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Last edited:
:D Right, this is a 4x channel/unit amp, and 8x when daisy-chain connect as picture shows. I use sta508 and get 80 Watt per channel. It works as cool as T1.

Looks like I had a semi lucky guess!

So now that you have teased us some more, how about letting us know when it will be available and how much $. And some more details please.

Sounds interesting!

Rod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.