New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure this is a good idea, fully charged batteries tend to deliver more than their rated voltage. Also the bulk power cap on my board is rated 25V so 27.8V is over 10% more than its rating.

I think these boards are REALLY designed for low voltages. You might still get some good sound @ 24V with a T1 or T2 if cost/size is not an issue.

Should be no problem, as long as all parts specs are taken care of properly...

I have a TK2050 amplifier running at a voltage of 55V with no problems at all...

well, you got me going around in circles now. I resoldered the rp1 the first time around.
I have attached the picture of the PR1.
Is the controller chip maybe at fault or something else?
fXZV8.jpg

It's strange to me too. The part seems ok from you photo.
Could you measure the wires from the resistor RP1 to the chip? I hope the trace is not broken.
What I can be sure now is that the output part is ok, so just focus on the TC2000 analog input part.

That's encouraging for me. :D

So far so good your T Amps just only need a bit bass treatment. It would be also encouraging me to write more on the german Tripath Test page when I (or you ?) find a Modding solution. The page is launched some weeks ago and voila there are currently T1 and T2 (with input cap mods) introduced and a non-modded poppulse. The list will be continued.

What I can tell you that T1 with battery supply sounds damn good with 8 ohm speakers. But the solid state 2 x 40 Watts Creek 4330 is a real giant killer and obviously the T1 could not hold with the bass response. On the other hand the soundstage of T1 is far better. The T2 (Battery/SMPS) with small 8 Ohm speakers sounded a bit bass-shy and lightly unbalanced. Here indeed a pair of max. 6 ohms impedance speakers are recommended. We compare with good classic solid states. In nearly future the reference equipment will completed hopefully with a 845 tube amp.

LINK

Hi
Can you give as a link or web page about these tests from the "german Tripath Test page " .
Regards
Vassilis

So far so good your T Amps just only need a bit bass treatment. It would be also encouraging me to write more on the german Tripath Test page when I (or you ?) find a Modding solution. The page is launched some weeks ago and voila there are currently T1 and T2 (with input cap mods) introduced and a non-modded poppulse. The list will be continued.

What I can tell you that T1 with battery supply sounds damn good with 8 ohm speakers. But the solid state 2 x 40 Watts Creek 4330 is a real giant killer and obviously the T1 could not hold with the bass response. On the other hand the soundstage of T1 is far better. The T2 (Battery/SMPS) with small 8 Ohm speakers sounded a bit bass-shy and lightly unbalanced. Here indeed a pair of max. 6 ohms impedance speakers are recommended. We compare with good classic solid states. In nearly future the reference equipment will completed hopefully with a 845 tube amp.

I've read somewhere on this threat about improving the bass response by replacing the inductors with Wurth. I have bought those wurth inductors, but been busy with other project, no time yet to play around with my T1. But I've replaced the input caps into PIO K75 and it can increase the bass response.
But I agree, with the price & simplicity hifimediy tripaths are hard to beat. Throw in some DIYers craziness and they will become great amps.

I've read somewhere on this threat about improving the bass response by replacing the inductors with Wurth. I have bought those wurth inductors, but been busy with other project, no time yet to play around with my T1. But I've replaced the input caps into PIO K75 and it can increase the bass response.
But I agree, with the price & simplicity hifimediy tripaths are hard to beat. Throw in some DIYers craziness and they will become great amps.

that sounds very promising. Looking forward to your results with the new inductors.

Does anyone know where to get a pair of speaker protection relays for a T1 V1.2?

cheers,
col.

>the relay's died?
>sorry we don't stock them.
>-----------------
>Hifimediy | Tripath amps
>Hifimediy Forums

>On Feb 15, 2012, at 6:58 AM, col wrote:

>[Hide Quoted Text]
> From: col <xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx>
> Subject: T1 V1.2 speaker protection relays blown
>
> Message Body:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to buy a pair of speaker protection relays for a T1.2? Mine died a few days ago.
>
> regards,
> col.
>
> --
> This mail is sent via contact form on Hifimediy Index of /wordpress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.