New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the help.
also so you are saying that any one of the 3 V+ or V-
in any order should be fine is that correct.
also black wire at receptacle is Live and white is common is this correct.

AC ground... the third leg on your AC socket that ensures you dont get electrocuted if there is a short so the chassis is hot.... and it removes buzzing or noise.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help.
also so you are saying that any one of the 3 V+ or V-
in any order should be fine is that correct.
also black wire at receptacle is Live and white is common is this correct.

Pick the ones on the right so they connect in the same fashion if in doubt, but I am 99% sure that they are all connected (V+1,V+2,V+3) internally and the same for V-.

I do not understand your last sentence... could you elaborate? "also black wire at receptacle is Live and white is common is this correct"

Pick the ones on the right so they connect in the same fashion if in doubt, but I am 99% sure that they are all connected (V+1,V+2,V+3) internally and the same for V-.

I do not understand your last sentence... could you elaborate? "also black wire at receptacle is Live and white is common is this correct"

small slot on recetacle is live,
I am thinking that the wider slot is neutral.
what are your thoughts.

Last edited:
I have the T3 and are feeding them with two 48V/400W SMPS, they works like a charm and the sound is clear, detailed and powerful.
I have not tried them with toroid transformer.
Now I only need to find some chassis to put them in.

Thanks for sharing.

With the chassis I have, it'd be difficult to squeeze in 2 smps'. Easier to put in two 300VA torroids.

Anyone has built T3 with torroids?

not yet. Any idea? I think T3 is powerful enough for most of us.:)
T3 has a lot of power yes no doubt. However, TK2350 has excellent carateristics.
It is close to TA3020 at cheaper price. It could be a high power high quality stereo amp. (close to 2x200W in 4ohms at 0,05% THD)
I was just wondering why this excellent tripath chip gets so little interest in the DIY community.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The switch on my v1.1b stays on when turned off, I was curious has anybody else had this problem, I am just unplugging SMPS to turn it off.

This has happened to me also, but during the first week or so it functioned properly. Checked the switch with a multimeter and it was OK. Wrote to hifimediy and they said it could be a defective connection, but this wasn't the case. To cut a long story short we exchanged a number of emails and I thought they were being evasive. I packed it temporarily and switched to my previous amp hoping the problem would crop up on this thread.

May I suggest you too write to hifimediy and hopefully now that the problem has surfaced here they will do something about it.

JA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.