New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2 New 48 volt smps are ordert, i think the problems will be solved than.
Thanks anyway:D

Hi, increasing the caps on PSU is good for transformer usage. But it's not means the larger the better.
For T3, if you have a big transformer, less caps will work good too. may be you can try to measure the DC voltage on caps to see if it's stable or not, and increase the caps if necessary.
Some times large caps will kill transformer too, or make it very unstable when power on. :)

Is it possible to replace the 2 power caps with say
30 or 50 volt 10,000 uf or higher. on V1.1b maybe more bass punch
and possibly try to soften the highs.

Scott

Be careful when you don't know how to deal with soldering work, there is a risk to damage the pcb. But you can try it if you sure want to do.
We use Panasonic FC on v1, it's not bad for PSU.;)

Be careful when you don't know how to deal with soldering work, there is a risk to damage the pcb. But you can try it if you sure want to do.
We use Panasonic FC on v1, it's not bad for PSU.;)

I have pleny soldering experience for sure,
I may leave those power caps in place and just add more
caps off of the board because that is a small mounting area
just using a short length of wire to connect other caps.
what are your thoughts.

Regards,

Scott

I have pleny soldering experience for sure,
I may leave those power caps in place and just add more
caps off of the board because that is a small mounting area
just using a short length of wire to connect other caps.
what are your thoughts.

Regards,

Scott
Hi Scott, interesting test. Larger power caps are said to be useless with smps, or even could disturb them. However, Virtue have put 22.000µF in their Virtue One tk2050 design, and their amp sounds very well according to reviews. Will be interesting to hear if this change makes a difference.

However, Virtue have put 22.000µF in their Virtue One tk2050 design, and their amp sounds very well according to reviews. Will be interesting to hear if this change makes a difference.

Virtue One uses 22.000µF and Virtue Two even 27.000µF, whatever you connect to it, be it either SMPS or transformer based power supply.

It should probably have something in common with a better dynamics and bass handling.

Virtue gets extremely positive reviews.

Baki

Hi Scott, interesting test. Larger power caps are said to be useless with smps, or even could disturb them. However, Virtue have put 22.000µF in their Virtue One tk2050 design, and their amp sounds very well according to reviews. Will be interesting to hear if this change makes a difference.

It will be a few weeks before I do power cap mod
I will report back as soon as it happens,
I am thinking Nichicon KG 50 volt 12,000uf.

Regards,

This thing will have to get light years better to
compete with my Charlize 2020.
more power with 2050 but 2050 is very hard in
upper frequency also sensing quite a bit of distortion
from 2050. the 2020 amps I have used
are much smoother across all frequency.
I put Charlize back in place this morning
and it is no contest Charlize is so much more refined
anybody else with this experience.

Regards,

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.