New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oeeh my T3's arrived.
When i connect the 2 MONO boards together at the same rectifier, The fuse blows.

Is it the problem that you can´t connect 2 at the same rectifier ?

Seperately (not together at the same time) they Work perfect, sounds nice, but at high volume the bass lacks, (woofer goes out off controll).

Rectifier is a 350VA 35 volt, so that would be enough for simple testing.
Speakers are large missions 250 watt.

Does annyone know why this happens ? :scratch2:

I have try using Panasonic FC cap 2200u in 4 + RIFA PEG124 2200u in 4 have excellent result on a TA2022. The capicitors is seperate in 2 rails by using hi-speed diodes. The inpust cap is change to RIFA 3.3uF 250V PHE450 MKP for just USD 2.50 each ... much better than the same one using here. The Goal is try to increase channel seperation and also the sound quality is better to using elan LP6 series. Also I found people is strongly againist using air coil in the output stage filter due to a lot of reason. Apart from radio interference to the enviourment, is it a good choice here? I have seen a lot of famous speaker using air coil for filter purpose.

Oeeh my T3's arrived.
When i connect the 2 MONO boards together at the same rectifier, The fuse blows.

Is it the problem that you can´t connect 2 at the same rectifier ?

Seperately (not together at the same time) they Work perfect, sounds nice, but at high volume the bass lacks, (woofer goes out off controll).

Rectifier is a 350VA 35 volt, so that would be enough for simple testing.
Speakers are large missions 250 watt.

Does annyone know why this happens ? :scratch2:

Hi, if they work without problem seperately, I think you'd better check the fuse, or rectifier. It's ok to use 2 mono boards together, but make sure the fuse or rectifier is strong enough.
And if the PSU is weak, you may not get high power output.

Some people were talking about adding more caps in the T3 Power board, if you`re not using an SMPS

-Im not goeing to use an SMPS, but big 34,5v transformator.

-Should i add more or is it not really nessesarry?

-What would change if the caps were increased ?

-And if i would, by how much uf. would i have to increase them?

Frank :eek:

Hi, increasing the caps on PSU is good for transformer usage. But it's not means the larger the better.
For T3, if you have a big transformer, less caps will work good too. may be you can try to measure the DC voltage on caps to see if it's stable or not, and increase the caps if necessary.
Some times large caps will kill transformer too, or make it very unstable when power on. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.