New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Relay supply

Let's summary :

- v2 amp is in metal case
- output offset both pairs set to 1mV
- Music flies cool ... when music is here

The problem remains : the relays do "clac" sometimes, anytime ... sometimes 10 times in a minute, sometimes not for 5 minutes.

Do you have other ideas about the problem ?
Listening to music is a pleasure, with the fear of the "clac" :)

Thank you all,
Regards
You will have to monitor the voltage supply to the relay coil coming from the protection IC. I think there is a series resistor? that you could clip onto. Maybe the series resistor is a little too large leaving the coils on the edge of dissengagenment from being just under the required voltage. If the voltage drops away all together then maybe there is an issue with the IC.

sounds like the chip gets in fault for some reason, and the fault protection mecanism turns green led off and relay. It could be due to undervoltage, could also be a short somewhere.

Considering it was working ok outside of the box, any fugitive contact somewhere with the box ? try with some non conductive material between amp and box ?

Hi all,

I just bought this DAC: 2010 version 24bit/192khz DAC with fully assembled kits 2010 version 24bit/192khz DAC with fully assembled kits [226] - US$70.00 : Hifi Diy--Amplifier,dac kits,hifi audio products and parts online shop, shipping to worldwide

The specs. say the following:
Analog output: RCA 2V rms. @75 ohms

Can this output feed the T3 board directly or do I need some modifications of some kind?
For now I'm feeding the T3 with analog fro my computer and it's noisy and not so very loud.
Other than that I'm very happy with the T3.

Hi all,

I just bought this DAC: 2010 version 24bit/192khz DAC with fully assembled kits 2010 version 24bit/192khz DAC with fully assembled kits [226] - US$70.00 : Hifi Diy--Amplifier,dac kits,hifi audio products and parts online shop, shipping to worldwide

The specs. say the following:
Analog output: RCA 2V rms. @75 ohms

Can this output feed the T3 board directly or do I need some modifications of some kind?
For now I'm feeding the T3 with analog fro my computer and it's noisy and not so very loud.
Other than that I'm very happy with the T3.
Yes sure it will work. I don't have this dac but know someone who owns it : excellent dac for the price.
PC analog output are usually :down: you should hear significant improvement with the DAC.

After reading some more in this thread I got rid of my noise problem :)
It was a good thing to buy 2 power supplies for my T3 boards.
2 400W SMPS feeding the T3 boards directly and cable to the PSU board to use it's functions and the noise is all gone.
The T3's are working well.
Do any of you know of any chassis manufacturers? I really need to put this into a box, my better half is a little bit worried about all the loose cables :)

Try

modu

I just love their big handles

Modu has excellent products but unless you are willing to drill all the necessary front/back panel holes & cutouts yourself, there is an additional 30 Euro price per customized panel. Still their stuff is very beautiful.

I am also looking for the "holy grail" of cases for my amp & preamp. Also a nice "Integrated amp, style case for my soon to come Hifimediy board.

An empty HLLY amplifier chassis can be purchased on EBay for $70-$80. It looks classier than your typical DIY project box, and comes with built-in volume knob, power switch, binding posts, etc. At roughly 12" x 7" x 2.5", it's big enough (barely) for a single Meanwell power supply and at least one of Hifimediy's amplifiers. You might even be able to squeeze in a DAC board if you're creative. :mischiev:

DIYers with multiple T3 boards will need something larger, but casual builders with less ambitious goals should take a look. :cool:

You can get a similar or bigger chassis from Modushop with shipping for around the same. For a 230x230x40mm it was going to be like 85 shipped. That's the model with teh 10mm aluminum front.

Unfortunately, most Meanwell power supplies greater than 150 watts are at least 50mm high, while the Modu case is only 40mm high. You could try removing part or all of the power supply's metal enclosure to make it shorter, but doing so could cause interference or safety issues.

I think Meanwell just started selling a low-profile 1U 300w power supply, but it's expensive and might also be too big for the Modu case. :(

I think I need a case a bit bigger than what is described here. I'm looking at Slim 02/350 2U 10mm BLACK at Modu.it. It has the following dimensions:

Format: 2 Unit
1x Frontal Panel in alluminium 10mm oxidized black 450 mm
1x Back Panel in alluminium 3 mm oxidized black
2x Flanks in section of alluminium10 mm oxidized black
2x Covers in metal painted black anti-scratch
Width: Structure 435 mm rack 415 mm internal
Depth: 350 mm Height: 80 mm
Weight: 4,9 KG.

As mentioned before I have two 400W SMPS and they was a little bit bigger than I thought.

I have bought the same or very similar aluminum case as Hlly uses for their TAMP-90 from this website for 30 USD.
XINLI LAI's store Small Orders Online Store

It includes preinstalled speaker and RCA terminals, mains socket, volume button. For extra $1 I got preinstalled backlit power button.
They can also custom laser mark the front panel free of charge. I took advantage of this offer but I do not recommend you to do so because I sent them a pdf file with my logo and they laser marked the panel using the same word but very different big basic font. So it looks ugly.

They also produce 200+W SMPS (not exposed at their webisite) with following parameters:
1.Input:90-265Vac 50 or 60 Hz
[FONT=宋体]2.Output:30V /7A dc output[/FONT]
[FONT=宋体]3.Ripple:<100mV[/FONT]
[FONT=宋体]4.dimensions:100mm(w)*100mm(l)*35mm(h)[/FONT]

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This one costs 25 USD. I have not tried this SMPS but am going to order one.
Maybe they can modify its output voltage to 50V.

Earlier I ordered the 150W SMPS which is presented at their website. It costs only 10 USD!!! I simply modified its output voltage to 30V by change of one SMD resistor, according to their instructions. This SMPS works fine, the only problem I have with it is that it started to produce a high pitch noise / tone after some time of use. I mean mechanically - it is probably its transformer vibrating.

I can't imagine how they can produce and sell a SMPS so cheaply, at $10! I was quite affraid of its reliability (when it is so cheap) but it seems to work fine. The "only" problem is the high pitch tone it produces. It can't be heard when you play music but it is annoying in silence.
Hope the other SMPS, the $25 one, is OK in this and all other aspects.

Another option is to use one of the SMPS' offered by connexelectronic.com. They are more expensive but of very good quality. And their dimmensions are suitable for the chasis mentioned above.

The "only" problem is the high pitch tone it produces. It can't be heard when you play music but it is annoying in silence.

I thought about trying a frameless power supply, but I was concerned about potential noise issues. Has anyone had a successful experience using an open frame power supply (Meanwell or otherwise) to power their amplifier, and if so what brand?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.