New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There was some info about this some pages ago: link
I have the same size batteries. I would guess you could play 15-20 hours, but I think I have been charging more often. Only thing bothers me is that my charger is making a loud bzz sound..
Have ordered two 6.8Ah lithium-ion batteries which should arrive any day, curious to see how those works.

I understand that seems strange. :) It's because the standalone RCA are not the same as the ones soldered to the cable.

Hello Nick,
I don't mean to pry, but where on earth did you find those Li-Ion batteries? I have been searching for months without success.

Thank you for your time,
Nicholas G.

4db

Even if you go to 1k over 23k for the feedback resistors and 48v max, the gain is still under 28db which will be fine. I first thought that it would be a lot higher than that but it is only 4db louder than the 30v amps.
I just realized something about using the 517b chips, in our quest for 50v and it's increased power, what do we do with the gain settings of the feedback loop? If we use a 15v/v setting that we have been using at 30v, will we clip the feedback input of the TC2000 causing distortion and reliability issues?

Hi Nick /or anybody else,

What specific molex connector is the signal input?
As I would like to make some good quality connectors.

Kindest regards

We use 2.54mm pitch connector for signal input. Nick has some wire made by factory for sale. And you can find this in the box.

Attachments

• input con.JPG
    input con.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 623
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
As Tekko says.

If there is a short circuit on the output of the power supply, it will shut down to protect itself. Most SMPS have this feature.
12A into 2x8 ohm loads (stereo) is about 280 Watts per channel. You won't really get that much, but it gives you an idea.

Hello Nick,
I don't mean to pry, but where on earth did you find those Li-Ion batteries? I have been searching for months without success.

Thank you for your time,
Nicholas G.

Hi.
lots of them in China, I got a 24V 6800mAh with one charger, works good. but I was told max current is 2A, maybe controlled with some electronic safety thing.
Only problem, and maybe why you cant find them, is that it's impossible to send these in any way. Can't use china post, DHL or any courrier.

here are some 12V on ebay:
Lithium-ion Battery 6800maH items - Get great deals on Electronics items on eBay.com!

I have also found some Lipo batteries, around 30V, can discharge at up to 100A. curious to try

Hi.
lots of them in China, I got a 24V 6800mAh with one charger, works good. but I was told max current is 2A, maybe controlled with some electronic safety thing.
Only problem, and maybe why you cant find them, is that it's impossible to send these in any way. Can't use china post, DHL or any courrier.

here are some 12V on ebay:
Lithium-ion Battery 6800maH items - Get great deals on Electronics items on eBay.com!

I have also found some Lipo batteries, around 30V, can discharge at up to 100A. curious to try

Funny thing, I use these batteries with the Lepai...but I had to remove the safety circuit from each cell...dangerous I know...They work great after that. The safety circuit isn't worth crap anyways, lets them charge all the way up to 13.6 volts instead of 12.6 and discharges all the way down to 6 VOLTS, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?

Anyways, I removed the safety circuit and have been OK so far (about 2 months). Run time at max volume is around 12-20 hours (It's mono), clean sound, and harder hitting than a 12 volt, 6 amp supply.

My idea now is to buy a whole bunch of cheap 3cell lipos from Hobbyking...then make my own packs....

Thanks for the input about the supply...I think that I must have messed up my wording. I wanted to make sure that if I put a SMPS with alot of amperage onto the tk2050 board that I wouldn't fry the board. I don't think that too much Amperage in the SMPS would affect the board in a negative way, just want to make sure...

Thanks guys for all the help,
Nicholas G.

How to burn the chips on AMT2050 boards

Hi, guys.
I made many AMT2050 boards and here is 3 of my notes for how chips damaged:
  • Any of the outputs short to VEE(GND) or VCC will burn the STA50x chip immediately when power on.
  • Two separate Ground on board disconnected
  • 5V supply for logic circuit abnormal (higher than 5.5V) or VCC is too high.
May be there is something else will burn the chips that I don't know. Please tell me if you know anything(experience) about that.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.