New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you tried with a different source? The gain of the T2 might be less than what you need to get an iphone up to full output.

/U.
Yes, I tried but all with some other phones. I read those amps need 1,5 volt imput. Anyway, Just by presing the imput Jack connectors while I put it a full volume I can hear a buzz to have an idea of the output and it just make a very low buzz, you can barely hear it not giving you the feeling for a 50-100 w rms amp. I contact to hyfimedy and are waiting for a response, just wanted to share my problem to see if anybody had similar problem or can help me solve it. Thanks for your interest.

Hi all, last year i bought an Audiophonics Module Amplificateur stéréo STA505 TK2050 2x100W 4 ohms. The part r39 bourned total out. Which part is it, alternatively data for this one?

Thank you for the quick response.

Attachments

• r39.jpg
    r39.jpg
    902.6 KB · Views: 740
I bet the Kodak PS is the problem. I was using a HP smps and had the same issue. Ever since I switched to a ConnexElectronic smps It's been silent. A cheap Meanwell clone from EBay works well too if you don't mind the size

I know this is an old thread, but I have this TK2050 (Hifimediy AMT2050, v1.2), can someone point me to a smps from ebay around 32VDC? Perhaps laptop PS?

thanks,

Got a 2050 v1.2 board (with no vol pot) from 2011 here:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Assume that the way to hook it up to a volume control is via the 3-pin header, bottom right of my photo? Hopefully this isn't too dumb a question :eek:, but is there any way of hooking it up to the RCA outputs of a preamp (without opening up the preamp)? :p

Have keenly read other peoples endeavours with this board, with 226 pages on this topic I risk asking a question that has been posed before :)
I've been collecting parts for a serious mobile audio set for a while now and am about ready to assemble.
The system will be based on the T2 mundorf amp and jbl t595 speakers that I still had from my first car.
According to the hifimediy site the amp can handle up to 31v
First I got two 7ah 12v batteries to power it, but since lipo batteries have become much more affordable i got 2x4s 16ah packs. Thinking it would net me a nice 29,8v batterypack. BUT fully charged a lipo cell does 4.2v so 8*4.2=33.6 =2.6v over!

I'm thinking the safe option would be to use a step down converter. But before i go down that path I'd like to check with you guys: Is there another option?

Afterthought:
The tk2050 datasheet mentions it can handle up to 36v
Minimum and Maximum Supply Voltage Operating Range
The TK2050 can operate over a wide range of power supply voltages from 12V to 36V. In order to
optimize operation for either the low or high range, the user must select the proper values for RFBB,
and RFBC.

Is there something else that brought the max voltage to 31v on the t2?

Hi guys , have a current model T3S board which I am running with a 30-0-30v toroid straight into the board. I am planning to build an external linear ds psu but for the time being can I just add another Nichcon KG 10000uf cap in parallel with the already installed one as the sound is a bit lacking in drive and bass with only the single 10000uf cap?

Hi guys , have a current model T3S board which I am running with a 30-0-30v toroid straight into the board. I am planning to build an external linear ds psu but for the time being can I just add another Nichcon KG 10000uf cap in parallel with the already installed one as the sound is a bit lacking in drive and bass with only the single 10000uf cap?
I would propose you remove the 10000uf cap & put about 13000uf of single caps at the capacity of 1000uf each (13x1000uf). 30% more capacitance is enough. Elna silmic is a good and cheap one. By this way you will get your extra drive/bass. Don't double the capacitance with another 10000uf.

I have tried few tk2050 boards. From sure 2x tk2050 to cheap ones using only on tk2050 chip for both channels bought on ebay. After trying smps and linear ps I use them ONLY with gel batteries 2x 12v 7,2ah+ 6v 7,2v. The charging voltage is 36Vdc and with no fan on small radiator, amp is stable for more than a year now. I omit input capacitor and use ll1540 lundahl input transformer. I had to increase bias cap to about 3uf. Every electrolytic cap in power supply is bypassed with MKP. Amp is really good sounding. Good microdynamics and with input transformers music have good tempo. This is my alternative amplifier after tube one and I have to say I really like it. I will try sta516b board to achieve more power. I hope it will sound as good as tk2050. I will run it from batteries also with 50V and after changing capacitors on board I will try 58vdc.

Hi guys,

i would like to build power amp for my loudspeakers Revel Performa M20.
Speakers are nominally 6 Ohm, with a Minimum of 4,4 Ohm, sensitivity is 87 dB/1W/1m.
One of my favorits is Hifimediy T3 mono TK2050 amp.
I would put each of mono amps in a small case, and place it close to the speaker terminal. Power supply would be 2 x Meanwell HLG-320H-48 (one for each amp) placed in one bigger case in Hi-Fi rack.
DC connectors would be Neutrik 4pin XLR, no idea about DC cable.
I have few questions: any doubt about my plan?
Did anyone have experience with T3 mono amps? Good sound?
What is about temperature of amps, are they going to be very hot?

Thank you!
zook

I tried STA516b as the most powerful tk/sta chips. All I can say it have more power than tk2050. Sound is quite good familiar to tk2050. Now I would like to try something else from d class amps. Last time I have heard Soul Note SA730 in my friends system. This is irs2092/irfi4019 with transistor class a pre combo. It was much much better than any of my tripath amps. It costs much more also, but I would try similiar topology next time, diy ofcourse :)
Wish You luck with sta/tk chips.
Best Regards, Daniel

Hi guys,

i would like to build power amp for my loudspeakers Revel Performa M20.
Speakers are nominally 6 Ohm, with a Minimum of 4,4 Ohm, sensitivity is 87 dB/1W/1m.
One of my favorits is Hifimediy T3 mono TK2050 amp.
I would put each of mono amps in a small case, and place it close to the speaker terminal. Power supply would be 2 x Meanwell HLG-320H-48 (one for each amp) placed in one bigger case in Hi-Fi rack.
DC connectors would be Neutrik 4pin XLR, no idea about DC cable.
I have few questions: any doubt about my plan?
Did anyone have experience with T3 mono amps? Good sound?
What is about temperature of amps, are they going to be very hot?

Thank you!
zook

When there are no objections to be read here, I assume that I have planned everything correctly.
One question more:
DC cable between power supply and each mono amp would be about 2,5m. Would it be better to add a capacitor bank as buffer close to the amp? I could take 12 or 15 pcs Panasonic FC 1500µF 63V capacitors in parallel. Is this a good idea, or non-sense with a switching power supply?

Thanks, zook

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.