New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, hifimediy.

My T1 V1.2 switch on relay was stick months ago. Can you show me how to replace the relay with a diode?

Sorry for that. This the pads for diode.

Attachments

• T1_diode.JPG
    T1_diode.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 666
does anybody know roughly how many amps these amps draw at
A. idle?
B. 50% load?
C. 90% load?

i'm looking to get a 2X100 T2 special version with mundorf (i know it's out of stock right now) and am looking at a toroidal transformer that gives upto 36V @ 2.3amps. would this be enough for full load, half load or what?

less powerful amp, i know, but post 1917 shows a T1 (2X50) drawing 2.7W @ idle and says it's not much more for low to medium volume. he says it's running on a 20V supply, so 2.7/20=0.135 amps @ idle (right!?). does power consumption increase exponentially as the volume is turned up, if so what can i expect the draw to be roughly at 50 or 90% load?

sorry, but i'm new to all this, electronics aswell as DIY amps.
just had another search and found 'My Sure 2X100 measures 170ma at 32vdc at idle. Stock. It is 270ma at idle with the mods which include another regulator for the fan and hot running, low value, Wurth XXL coils. I haven't measured again since changing to the Zalman fanless heatsink. That amp was 330ma when playing loudly.'
330ma = 0.33 amps (right!?), so i can expect around that figure from the T2. So, it seems the 36V @ 2.3A toroidal is going to be plenty, even allowing for quite large variations in power consumption from each board. have i answered my own question!?
please confirm knowlegable people! cheers

does anybody know roughly how many amps these amps draw at
A. idle?
B. 50% load?
C. 90% load?

i'm looking to get a 2X100 T2 special version with mundorf (i know it's out of stock right now) and am looking at a toroidal transformer that gives upto 36V @ 2.3amps. would this be enough for full load, half load or what?

less powerful amp, i know, but post 1917 shows a T1 (2X50) drawing 2.7W @ idle and says it's not much more for low to medium volume. he says it's running on a 20V supply, so 2.7/20=0.135 amps @ idle (right!?). does power consumption increase exponentially as the volume is turned up, if so what can i expect the draw to be roughly at 50 or 90% load?

sorry, but i'm new to all this, electronics aswell as DIY amps.
just had another search and found 'My Sure 2X100 measures 170ma at 32vdc at idle. Stock. It is 270ma at idle with the mods which include another regulator for the fan and hot running, low value, Wurth XXL coils. I haven't measured again since changing to the Zalman fanless heatsink. That amp was 330ma when playing loudly.'
330ma = 0.33 amps (right!?), so i can expect around that figure from the T2. So, it seems the 36V @ 2.3A toroidal is going to be plenty, even allowing for quite large variations in power consumption from each board. have i answered my own question!?
please confirm knowlegable people! cheers

Hi, a 36V toroidal transformer is not suitable for T2, we suggest 16V - 22V AC for T2. And 36V @ 2.3amp means the transformer is about 80VA, too weak for a 100W+100W amplifier. I think no less than 240VA will give the best performance.

T2 finished

Hi,

I finished my T2 based amp this week (in the chassis of a blown-up AMP5).

• It uses the standard T2 board (hifimediy), which I will modify with better input caps. I did remove the pot also and replaced by Dale resistors.
  • SMPS300R 30Vdc (Connexelectronic)
  • A PGA2311 pre-amp module with LCD display (eBay), 3 inputs and remote control. I really like this preamp module wich is dead quiet (unlike the VC23 / PGA2310 board I have).
  • A softstart module for the T2 board (Connexelectronic). It switches the DAC and T2 on/off controlled by the preamp.
  • AK4397 DAC on board with C-core transformer (eBay)
I still need to do some work on the internal wiring, but that's just cosmetics. The sound of this amp is very much OK.

Maarten

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Click on this link for a Larger Picture

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Test Setup ...

I got my T2 and smps300r power supply the other day, bought direct from hifimediy.com. I got them hooked up and mounted properly and fired up without an issue.

connected in my living room to my NatP towers, I could quickly hear an improvement over my modded Sure tripath build at similar voltage (28v). The low end was the greatest improvement by far. The high end of the spectrum just was a bit more pleasant as well. I noticed this amp doesn't get quite a warm, either.

Got a real winner here! Thanx for building such awesome amps for a great price! ;) I'm definitely a satisfied customer.

Ok, here goes my finished T1 Alps STA510A v1.2 + Connexeletronics SMPS300R

I've got some suggestions for Steinar or someone from HiFiMeDiy

VOffset Pots are either too large in resistance or has too few turns to adjust, is it 25 turns? If yes, you should consider a smaller resistance cause they are too much sensitive for that application and I needed a nail polish to make it fix. How many watts do I need on them if I'm up to change it?

Input capacitors are a bit harsh in the upper mid, but overall it sounds fanstastics, made some cheap speakers much more alive than Tapco S-5 Studio monitors by Mackie (deeper, faster, larger and much more detailed)

I will try some Solen anyway, anyone knows if Ero MKT1813 2.2uF should be good also? I don't speak french.

Input cable is too thin and delicate, it brokes almost from looking, but I like the input conector idea, made it easier for removing the board for modding. I could change for a bit thicker copper one.

Last edited:
I've got a T2 Special board using 2x STA510 and have a doubt about it.

a single STA505 is capable of delivering araound 2x 50W Full Bridge.

a single STA510A is capable of delivering around 2x 100W Full bridge as seen on T1 1.2

Normal T2 board comes w/ 2x STA505 single bridge paralled, so it's capable of delivering around 2x 100W RMS

So why T2 Special delivers the same power as the normal one using STA505?

If it's using 2x STA510A paralled single bridge it should deliver around 180W each channel at 4Ohms, so why it's only rated 2x 100W? It isn't using a single bridge configuration for each chip? Where are the other 2 channels dead?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.