New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
do you mean that one trim pot adjust both left and right speakers or one for left and one for right, the trim pot on the left gives me 0L reading on my meter does this mean it is shorted out?

There are 2 trim pots, for left and right. I suggest turn the volume to minium and then trim the pot and read the output.
If the amplifier works(output normal), you may check if the meter setup is ok.

Greetings from France,

I have been reading a lot of your threads posts about the 2050 and am discovering tripath technology and thank you for your great job, but couldn't read everything.

Could anyone tell me :

- whether the Dayton DTA-100a is worth it for discovering the 2050 technology ?

- or if I should do it by myself ? In this case : which is the latest good board ? (2x100W would be enough for my 91dB Tannoys).
Is this one the best ? "TK2050 TP2050 2*100W CLASS-T D TRIPATH T-AMP Board "
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thank you alot, I won't miss to give you my feedback, compared to my EL34 Sonic Frontiers, and maybe my KT88 Music Angel.

Regards,

Last edited:

I would stay away from the Dayton DTA 100a as ther is a thread about it's poor build quality. The v2 board with a Meanwell supply would be much better.
Greetings from France,

I have been reading a lot of your threads posts about the 2050 and am discovering tripath technology and thank you for your great job, but couldn't read everything.

Could anyone tell me :

- whether the Dayton DTA-100a is worth it for discovering the 2050 technology ?

- or if I should do it by myself ? In this case : which is the latest good board ? (2x100W would be enough for my 91dB Tannoys).
Is this one the best ? "TK2050 TP2050 2*100W CLASS-T D TRIPATH T-AMP Board "
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thank you alot, I won't miss to give you my feedback, compared to my EL34 Sonic Frontiers, and maybe my KT88 Music Angel.

Regards,

Hi, I think it's difficult to tell which one is the best, but it's mostly depend on your demand. v1 is for 8ohm and DC supply only, v2 is for 4ohm and support both AC and DC supply. If you need more power (up to 300W), we suggest T3.
I'm sorry for not answering your questions directly.
Or you may visit www.hifimediy.com for more information.

Thank you.
Before buying the kits, could you please explain me why v1 is better than v2 for 8ohms ?
It uses the same components, except for input power supply, right ?
Thank you.
Regards

I would stay away from the Dayton DTA 100a as ther is a thread about it's poor build quality. The v2 board with a Meanwell supply would be much better.

This is something I would also like to know, disregarding the impendance and maximum output power issues for the moment.

What is the better approach soundwise - V1.1B implementing one STA508 stereo output transistor or V2.0 with one STA505 for each channel?

I have already SURE ELECTRONICS tc2000 + tp2050 two channel board with passive cooling. I would like to have an even better implementation of these Tripath chips, if possible, and with all other proven tweaks implemented.

Regards,

Baki

Thank you.
Before buying the kits, could you please explain me why v1 is better than v2 for 8ohms ?
It uses the same components, except for input power supply, right ?
Thank you.
Regards

v2 is parallel circuit so will be a little hotter than v1, so if you don't need it for 4 ohm speaker, v1 is a little more suitable for 8ohm.

This is something I would also like to know, disregarding the impendance and maximum output power issues for the moment.

What is the better approach soundwise - V1.1B implementing one STA508 stereo output transistor or V2.0 with one STA505 for each channel?

I have already SURE ELECTRONICS tc2000 + tp2050 two channel board with passive cooling. I would like to have an even better implementation of these Tripath chips, if possible, and with all other proven tweaks implemented.

Regards,

Baki

I think both v1 and v2 will be ok for you if don't consider the load impendance and powe supply.:)

So... finally come to the end of this thread. A nice little 3 hour story :D

Your amps look really nice hifimediy and cudos for you in-depth replies and corrections on request.

I have alot of T-amps (sure 2050, 2024 - 41hz amp32, amp9(B), amp10) and I really love the sound, especially from the well implemented ones like the 41hz amps.

I have long been dreaming of a 5 channel or 7 channel class T surround amp for my OPPO BDP-83, but should I buy 3-4 of your v2 modules or wait for an all digital solution like DDX?

I haven't quite figured out yet whether all digital is the ultimate solution (like going from VGA to DVI/HDMI). Is all digital (power dac) the pinnacle of quality compared to a nice DAC solution like the CS4397 to a 2050/3020 T-amp or can there still be issues in a ddx amp that will make it come in 2nd vs. the T-amp solution?

What do you think?

So... finally come to the end of this thread. A nice little 3 hour story :D

Your amps look really nice hifimediy and cudos for you in-depth replies and corrections on request.

I have alot of T-amps (sure 2050, 2024 - 41hz amp32, amp9(B), amp10) and I really love the sound, especially from the well implemented ones like the 41hz amps.

I have long been dreaming of a 5 channel or 7 channel class T surround amp for my OPPO BDP-83, but should I buy 3-4 of your v2 modules or wait for an all digital solution like DDX?

I haven't quite figured out yet whether all digital is the ultimate solution (like going from VGA to DVI/HDMI). Is all digital (power dac) the pinnacle of quality compared to a nice DAC solution like the CS4397 to a 2050/3020 T-amp or can there still be issues in a ddx amp that will make it come in 2nd vs. the T-amp solution?

What do you think?

For multi-channel solution, I think you'd better consider DDX system(means a new project after AMu320 2.1channel). But if you have a good DAC already, you can also consider 3~4 pcs of AMT2050 boards to use together.;)

The CS DAC in the oppo is very good, also for multichannel.

Do you have any comments on this "I haven't quite figured out yet whether all digital is the ultimate solution (like going from VGA to DVI/HDMI). Is all digital (power dac) the pinnacle of quality compared to a nice DAC solution like the CS4397 to a 2050/3020 T-amp or can there still be issues in a ddx amp that will make it come in 2nd vs. the T-amp solution?"

Or comments from the rest of you peeping toms following the thread ;)

Just to let you know : I have ordered the v2 PCB kit, RCA, HP connectors and a Meanwell 350-27 .
I just can't wait trying all of this :)
Do you have advises for the chassis/box ?

I plan to try Obbligato condo, and ALPS black beauty potentiometer.
I'll work on a ventirad solution, heat is a real problem.

Thank you !
Regards from France,

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Ever so slow progress...
A step above cardboard. :D

TK2050.jpg

Excellent :D and good job !
I would need the same kinf of box/chassis, perhaps not so high though ;)

I advise you to take off the actuall pot, put a new one directly on the box and wire it to the PCB. Like this you can try other pots, and I promise that a good pot changes really alot ...

An ALPS blue would be better, an ALPS black beauty even more, a Dact-like, TKD, Elma, Seiden ...

Just check here :
potentiometers, switches and attenuators homepage

Do you have ebay links where to buy those chassis/boxes ?
Is it aluminium ?

Thank you,
Regards

PS: hey, I love cardboard :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.