New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nick, just so you know, for whatever reason I am still getting the Russian site when I try to directly pull up your site in Firefox. This is the case even after clearing the browser cache. I'm able to view the site in Chrome just fine.

edit: The forum links are also still directing to the Russian site even in Chrome.

Last edited:
The site was fixed last week, but googles version is still redirecting to a russian site. If it even does not work to enter url Hifimediy| in your browser, you'll need to clear your browser cache.

Steinar, never expected you and your partner doing such criminal things. :D First make a hype with a new board and then collect enough orders to close the site. God damn, I should it knew before. My paid boards are gone now. I see you making your relax day in mexico with the 4.000.000 $ order cash flow ...:cheers:

Nick, just so you know, for whatever reason I am still getting the Russian site when I try to directly pull up your site in Firefox. This is the case even after clearing the browser cache. I'm able to view the site in Chrome just fine.

edit: The forum links are also still directing to the Russian site even in Chrome.

Steinar said some posts above his website had a virus. He also mentioned it on the website, but of course you can't see it ;).
The website is clean now but you need to clean your browser cache.
Direct link work better. Try this one Hifimediy| Products Page

Steinar said some posts above his website had a virus. He also mentioned it on the website, but of course you can't see it ;).
The website is clean now but you need to clean your browser cache.
Direct link work better. Try this one Hifimediy| Products Page

Sorry but... that link won't work! You really have to type "www.hifimediy.com"...[so copy and paste the previous link]

Last edited:
T3 with SMPS500R

I posted this in the photo gallery but thought I'd put it here as well. I built T3 mono blocks using SMPS500R power supplies. Not broken in yet (if you believe in that; I do) and already they sound fantastic.
I pulled the 10000uF electrolytic caps and used two ASC film and oil 35uF. I had experimented on my T2 and liked the sound with the ASCs. Also pulled the bridge rectifier tho make it as efficient as possible.

T31.jpg

T33.jpg

I posted this in the photo gallery but thought I'd put it here as well. I built T3 mono blocks using SMPS500R power supplies. Not broken in yet (if you believe in that; I do) and already they sound fantastic.
I pulled the 10000uF electrolytic caps and used two ASC film and oil 35uF. I had experimented on my T2 and liked the sound with the ASCs. Also pulled the bridge rectifier tho make it as efficient as possible.
Hello,
do i get it right that you use the 35µF caps as power caps ?

what are the yellow caps used as input caps ?

thanks

Yes.
Input caps are AudioCap Theta 3uF.

UUhhh ... not the cheapest ones:(

Do I understand right ? You have decided to keep the ASC film instead of 35 uF Oil after experimenting ? Are these the 1. caps after SMPS and the AudioCap Theta comes after these ?

I myself read also about Cap Combos and it allows interesting experiments with hopeful interesting results. Nice work indeed:up:

Maybe it's really better in future to move the discussions about the T3 here into the thread opened already by the designer hifimediy. Though your post was probably posted before this new thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.