New TK2050 board - Page 75 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 12:42 PM   #741
udailey is online now udailey  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
20k will be a little tricky with some passive preamps. You might consider the very fine DCB1 which will drive any low impedance amp with ease and sounds wonderful.
__________________
purchase LDRs anytime Also try my Resistor Replacers or LDR based Input Selector Email me. diyldr@gmail.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 07:24 PM   #742
TCx is offline TCx  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Hi all,
has anybody already compared T3 with V2.0 in terms of sound quality and character? I have v.2.0 and like it very much but am considering something more powerful, to get lower distortion at higher volumes. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 07:31 PM   #743
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by udailey View Post
20k will be a little tricky with some passive preamps. You might consider the very fine DCB1 which will drive any low impedance amp with ease and sounds wonderful.
a link for DCB1 ? i am not i found the correct one
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 07:41 PM   #744
mravlca is offline mravlca  Slovenia
diyAudio Member
 
mravlca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkasar View Post
a link for DCB1 ? i am not i found the correct one
DCB1

This would be the one!

BTW I also received TK2050 V1.1B and I must say it sounds great also the positioning of the elements and some extra holes are very welcome, so you can pass the potentiometer(I saw those holes when I removed the pot). I will post some pics of my implementation.

Regards Aleš
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 10:51 PM   #745
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I recieved the T3 today and hooked it up with a 400w 48V SMPS, it works like a charm.
Compared to my Yamaha AV reciever it's just like getting a brand new set of ears The clarity, the details in the music is so much better.
I can hear some very low noise from the speakers when volume is turned down but this could be related to that cables are lying in a mess around the boards right now, couldn't wait to hook them up.
Next thing is to get a case for them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 12:40 AM   #746
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Powell River, BC Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCx View Post
Hi all,
has anybody already compared T3 with V2.0 in terms of sound quality and character? I have v.2.0 and like it very much but am considering something more powerful, to get lower distortion at higher volumes. Thanks.
I am very close to getting a couple of the amps and would also really like to know the answer to this.

Anyone???

Thanks,
Rod
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 03:53 AM   #747
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shanghai
Sometimes the simple things are difficult! I was eager and in a hurry to try the T3, but realized I didn't have a vol pot, and needed to connect my dac to two T3 monos.. That made me make some of these cables and pots to make it easier to connect to two t3 monos. Not everyone will have a need for this, but for some it could come handy. I got a guy to make 100 of dual output cables from one 3p connector, and hifimediy supplies pcb's with either ctr or alps pot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2917.jpg (37.2 KB, 425 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2926.jpg (27.5 KB, 395 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 07:04 AM   #748
Baka is offline Baka  Montenegro
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Podgorica, Montenegro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwboater View Post
I am very close to getting a couple of the amps and would also really like to know the answer to this.
Me too.

V2.0/V1.1B vs T3 soundwise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 09:41 AM   #749
ptiJean is offline ptiJean  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Greetings friends,

I am trying to put everything in a case right now, finished it this morning and measured everything before switching it on, everything looked ok.

Switch on, then after around 25 sec the green led lights for few sec and then goes off again, then on again, etc.
Measured 26.8 VDC input on board.
When music was here, it looked/heared perfect.

Do you have any idea ?
(by the way the 25 first seconds seems very long)

Thank you
Regards,

Last edited by ptiJean; 17th September 2010 at 09:49 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 09:42 AM   #750
divxfr is offline divxfr  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: france
Quote:
Originally Posted by terralune View Post
I recieved the T3 today and hooked it up with a 400w 48V SMPS, it works like a charm.
Compared to my Yamaha AV reciever it's just like getting a brand new set of ears The clarity, the details in the music is so much better.
I can hear some very low noise from the speakers when volume is turned down but this could be related to that cables are lying in a mess around the boards right now, couldn't wait to hook them up.
Next thing is to get a case for them.
Hi,
what's your yamaha model's ? For the comparaison with my RX-V2700...
thanks
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sure electronics 4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board aquapiranha Class D 3 30th May 2011 11:06 PM
Any input on the new Dayton TK2050? finnbow Class D 10 2nd May 2011 11:37 PM
Parallled tk2050/st505 paolo66 Class D 1 24th November 2009 05:10 PM
New Sure electronics TK2050 T-amp xaudiox Class D 2 8th May 2009 07:50 AM
Tripath TK2050 Eccu Digital Source 0 19th April 2002 11:06 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:18 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2