New TK2050 board - Page 63 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 05:41 AM   #621
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by transamz2000 View Post
do you mean that one trim pot adjust both left and right speakers or one for left and one for right, the trim pot on the left gives me 0L reading on my meter does this mean it is shorted out?
There are 2 trim pots, for left and right. I suggest turn the volume to minium and then trim the pot and read the output.
If the amplifier works(output normal), you may check if the meter setup is ok.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:24 PM   #622
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: so. cal
Could someone tell me what brand of caps are the 3.3uf input caps on the v2 board are ,and what caps have you tried as subs.i have some 1uf vitamin q would these work?
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:36 PM   #623
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by transamz2000 View Post
Could someone tell me what brand of caps are the 3.3uf input caps on the v2 board are ,and what caps have you tried as subs.i have some 1uf vitamin q would these work?
Hi, they are EPCOS 3.3uF/250V, I think no less than 2.2uF should be used for better bass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 03:06 PM   #624
ptiJean is offline ptiJean  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Greetings from France,

I have been reading a lot of your threads posts about the 2050 and am discovering tripath technology and thank you for your great job, but couldn't read everything.

Could anyone tell me :

- whether the Dayton DTA-100a is worth it for discovering the 2050 technology ?

- or if I should do it by myself ? In this case : which is the latest good board ? (2x100W would be enough for my 91dB Tannoys).
Is this one the best ? "TK2050 TP2050 2*100W CLASS-T D TRIPATH T-AMP Board "
Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you alot, I won't miss to give you my feedback, compared to my EL34 Sonic Frontiers, and maybe my KT88 Music Angel.

Regards,

Last edited by ptiJean; 25th August 2010 at 03:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 03:27 PM   #625
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hi, I think it's difficult to tell which one is the best, but it's mostly depend on your demand. v1 is for 8ohm and DC supply only, v2 is for 4ohm and support both AC and DC supply. If you need more power (up to 300W), we suggest T3.
I'm sorry for not answering your questions directly.
Or you may visit www.hifimediy.com for more information.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 04:10 PM   #626
sendler is offline sendler  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ny
Default 2050

I would stay away from the Dayton DTA 100a as ther is a thread about it's poor build quality. The v2 board with a Meanwell supply would be much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptiJean View Post
Greetings from France,

I have been reading a lot of your threads posts about the 2050 and am discovering tripath technology and thank you for your great job, but couldn't read everything.

Could anyone tell me :

- whether the Dayton DTA-100a is worth it for discovering the 2050 technology ?

- or if I should do it by myself ? In this case : which is the latest good board ? (2x100W would be enough for my 91dB Tannoys).
Is this one the best ? "TK2050 TP2050 2*100W CLASS-T D TRIPATH T-AMP Board "
Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you alot, I won't miss to give you my feedback, compared to my EL34 Sonic Frontiers, and maybe my KT88 Music Angel.

Regards,
__________________
Scott
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 01:57 AM   #627
diyAudio Member
 
MikeHunt79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bristol, UK
T3 board sounds like it could be good, what output inductors does it use?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 08:05 AM   #628
ptiJean is offline ptiJean  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Hi, I think it's difficult to tell which one is the best, but it's mostly depend on your demand. v1 is for 8ohm and DC supply only, v2 is for 4ohm and support both AC and DC supply. If you need more power (up to 300W), we suggest T3.
I'm sorry for not answering your questions directly.
Or you may visit www.hifimediy.com for more information.
Thank you.
Before buying the kits, could you please explain me why v1 is better than v2 for 8ohms ?
It uses the same components, except for input power supply, right ?
Thank you.
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 09:27 AM   #629
Baka is offline Baka  Montenegro
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Podgorica, Montenegro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
I would stay away from the Dayton DTA 100a as ther is a thread about it's poor build quality. The v2 board with a Meanwell supply would be much better.
This is something I would also like to know, disregarding the impendance and maximum output power issues for the moment.

What is the better approach soundwise - V1.1B implementing one STA508 stereo output transistor or V2.0 with one STA505 for each channel?

I have already SURE ELECTRONICS tc2000 + tp2050 two channel board with passive cooling. I would like to have an even better implementation of these Tripath chips, if possible, and with all other proven tweaks implemented.

Regards,

Baki
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 02:36 PM   #630
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHunt79 View Post
T3 board sounds like it could be good, what output inductors does it use?
We use T106-2 core on T3 board.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sure electronics 4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board aquapiranha Class D 3 30th May 2011 11:06 PM
Any input on the new Dayton TK2050? finnbow Class D 10 2nd May 2011 11:37 PM
Parallled tk2050/st505 paolo66 Class D 1 24th November 2009 05:10 PM
New Sure electronics TK2050 T-amp xaudiox Class D 2 8th May 2009 07:50 AM
Tripath TK2050 Eccu Digital Source 0 19th April 2002 11:06 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2