New TK2050 board - Page 61 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th August 2010, 04:49 PM   #601
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zog666 View Post
OK, implemented this.. of course hard to quantify but I think the amp can pour out a lot more definate bass now!
But then I know I've increased the capacitance from 4700uF to 24700uF.

Here is a picture of my fairly basic enclosure setup (electronics store instrument enclosure):

Click the image to open in full size.

its the enclosure (and extra capacitors + transformer) repurposed from my dead YuanJing module

All fits very nicely. I'm using a bamboo chopstick stuck on with hotglue as the rail to attach the extra caps to.

Now I'm really enjoying the amp.. it's very quiet, very clear, and can put out quite heavy bass with my econowave speakers.

good stuff!
Exactly the setup I'm after. Pictures are worth a thousand words.
Old 16th August 2010, 08:53 PM   #602
kc7wdg is offline kc7wdg  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCx View Post
Hi all, if I wanted to use TK2050 v.1.1b module (without pot) with external pot, what value would you recommend? Can I use 10kOhm? Or is higher value (like 50kOhm) better? Thanks.
I to would like to know this.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:13 AM   #603
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCx View Post
Hi all, if I wanted to use TK2050 v.1.1b module (without pot) with external pot, what value would you recommend? Can I use 10kOhm? Or is higher value (like 50kOhm) better? Thanks.
I think 10k~100k ohm is ok for general purpose. If the output impedance of your source is large, choosing a 50k or 100k ohm pot will be better.
We use 50k ohm type A now.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:36 AM   #604
diyAudio Member

Default new post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierAnt76 View Post
A new topic might be preferable, since this DDX board you're developing is a substantially different product and it isn't a "TK2050 board," as the name implies. You'd probably get more attention and feedback from a new discussion anyway, since these conversations can get unwieldy after the first fifty pages or so.
I post a new topic at last: DDX AMP.
I will post information of new progress there later.
Old 17th August 2010, 01:50 PM   #605
udailey is online now udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Can two T3 be used for one subwoofer?
Can power supply board split into two so that I can have two monoblocks in two enclosures?

Uriah
Old 17th August 2010, 03:35 PM   #606
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by udailey View Post
Can two T3 be used for one subwoofer?
Can power supply board split into two so that I can have two monoblocks in two enclosures?

Uriah
T3 does not support parallel use. There will be a new power supply board for one channel.
Old 17th August 2010, 03:45 PM   #607
diyAudio Member

Default Sizing Toroid for v2 board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnubian View Post

I'll probably initially going with a toroidal transformer (Antek - AN-4228) for power.
I too am new at all this (so take this with a grain of salt!) and would like to use a toroidal transformer with the V2 board.

The one you linked to makes 28 v (which I assume is AC, yah?) which seems higher than what recommended, which is AC 16 - 22 v according to the website.

So wouldn't something like this be better, as it makes 20 v?:

Antek - AN-3220

Someone who actually knows what they're doing willing to set is straight?
Old 18th August 2010, 12:32 AM   #608
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steidl Guitars View Post
I too am new at all this (so take this with a grain of salt!) and would like to use a toroidal transformer with the V2 board.

The one you linked to makes 28 v (which I assume is AC, yah?) which seems higher than what recommended, which is AC 16 - 22 v according to the website.

Antek - AN-3220

You are correct. I looked over the specs & confirmed what you are saying.
Btw, I also have another kit, ClassDAudio's SDS-254, coming in & would love someone who has done a serious audio quality comparison to chime in.

I am most excited about working with the Hifimediy kit though. I haven't even built my first kit yet & I'm already hooked.
Old 18th August 2010, 04:30 AM   #609
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnubian View Post
I am most excited about working with the Hifimediy kit though. I haven't even built my first kit yet & I'm already hooked.
I think it isnīt done with just a toroidal transformer. I am not sure but the voltage regulation is an area for itselves and in your case I would recommend an industrial smps from meanwell, cosel, lambda etc.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:02 AM   #610
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steidl Guitars View Post

Antek - AN-3220

As TheDealer said, I would also recomend the meanwell smps instead of a transformer.

I was used to toroidal + linear supplies with other classAB amps. I must say that I am really impressed by meanwell 350W smps + amt2050v2 board.

If you really want to use a transformer, the recomended range for AC transformer for this board is 16-22V.
20V is perfect. It will provide 20 * 1,414 - 1,2 = 27V at the amp level (Vcc).

The link you give for the Antek has dual output. You only need one output for this board. You can save money, space and weight .

With a transformer, I recomend to increase the size of the power cap, for example as zog666 did (see previous page). Not needed if a meanwell smps is used.

Hide this!Advertise here!