New TK2050 board - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd June 2010, 02:45 PM   #281
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamacc View Post
If you create an amplifier using two STA517B chips to their maximum, and incorporate a good cooling method, and still manage to do this for less than 100 euros, you will have me as a customer
Bear in mind that the coils might need to go for bigger/better ones, as there will be much more current flowing through them.
I hope we can do that, but I'm not sure now. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:50 PM   #282
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDealer View Post
a TA3020 Version will also be contributed ...?

Second question: I received this week my V2.0 board. Thanks to Steinar by this way.

What does that red LED closed to the big cap mean ? It went ON in my case together with the green LED (power on ?). Is there something wrong with my board because usually a red LED light means "problem" in function. I connected the speakers after I powered the board. The amp is working an I can listen to music but I felt it a bit weak powered. Just my feeling. This can also be depended on the red LED light ON that still makes me busy in mind.
Supply power is solid 25 Volts. Sadly no + / - DC input polarity is described on the board. I took the last terminal on the edge of the board (as described in a short manual site from steinar) for DC + input. Hope this helps.

Not all DIY here are pure electrotechnicians.
Thanks in advance
I have TA3020 boards, but not a published version now. You can contact me for more details.
Old 23rd June 2010, 07:25 PM   #283
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
There is no jumpers on the board as you want. And I don't recommend changing the connection like that, for Class-T amplifiers always request good layout(changing connection mode means modify layout). I still recommend using high current power stage chips to fulfill your demand.
I'm thinking about new version that can use STA508 in parallel, and 160W+160W @4ohm will come out.
Hifimediy, thanks for responding. More than absolute maximum power, I'm after maximum power at 12V supply (for portable use), so in theory a mono version of your boards will provide twice the current given the 12V supply. I can certainly use one channel of your stereo boards, but it just doesn't feel good "throwing one channel away" as my application is mono.
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:23 PM   #284
diyAudio Member

I received my board today am running it off a 225va 18v trans, sounds good now whats the best switch-mode ps ? I only need the power I have at the moment. Also I would like to put in a switch to direct the output between two pairs of speakers has anyone got any suggestions? As it stands it sounds good.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:07 PM   #285
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick122147 View Post
the red light just mean there is power input. the green light means the relays are turn on.

the + - for dc is the same which one you use, because of the bridge.
what kind of speakers do you have? it shouldnt feel weak powered, what input are you running into it?
Hi,
at present I have connected a pair of Fostex 6" fullranges. They are actually a bit small and donīt produce the lowest frequencies. Input ? You mean the source ?
Itīs a CD player ... I will listen more and with more vol. gain from now on.
This red LED concerned me a bit in the beginning. Now itīs cleared up - thanks
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:27 PM   #286
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
I have TA3020 boards, but not a published version now. You can contact me for more details.
If your TK2050 passes my requirements (technical and musical) - so why not ?
But you should publish at least a small manual for us non-electrotechnician.

I found for example the speakers out placements not good because when you look onto the board with the vol. pot showing to you , you see the left speakers out placed right and the right out placed on the left ... O.K. maybe this doesnīt act on the function but a good developed board should regard also this aspects ... just my opinion
Old 24th June 2010, 09:13 AM   #287
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1966 View Post
I received my board today am running it off a 225va 18v trans, sounds good now whats the best switch-mode ps ?
A Meanwell smps will do the job.
Just search "24v switching" on ebay... (or "27v switching", depending on your requirements) and look for a >=10A model.
Bye!
Old 24th June 2010, 09:25 AM   #288
diyAudio Member

Other suggestion for the TK2050 board could be to add a slow-speed fan (no-audible) on the heatsink, or to increase the heatsink size.
I bought the board, once it will be at my home I will check the temperature with an infrared thermo-scanner and, if necessary, I will apply a fan.
According to datasheet the TP2050/STA505 should be capable to work well over 30V, but reading this topic seems that it needs an uprated cooling to not be damaged over 30V.
So I assume that the standard heatsink could be not optimal for the heat dissipation.
What do you think about?
Old 24th June 2010, 09:48 AM   #289
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Hifimediy, thanks for responding. More than absolute maximum power, I'm after maximum power at 12V supply (for portable use), so in theory a mono version of your boards will provide twice the current given the 12V supply. I can certainly use one channel of your stereo boards, but it just doesn't feel good "throwing one channel away" as my application is mono.
Hi, I'm planning making a version that is tiny and mono output. may be is perfect for your demand. But I wonder if you want to waite..
Old 24th June 2010, 09:58 AM   #290
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDealer View Post
If your TK2050 passes my requirements (technical and musical) - so why not ?
But you should publish at least a small manual for us non-electrotechnician.

I found for example the speakers out placements not good because when you look onto the board with the vol. pot showing to you , you see the left speakers out placed right and the right out placed on the left ... O.K. maybe this doesnīt act on the function but a good developed board should regard also this aspects ... just my opinion
hi, thanks for your advice. I will try to make it better next time

Hide this!Advertise here!