New TK2050 board - Page 216 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2012, 03:56 AM   #2151
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Hi, I don't quite understand why it's fail when installed into the chassis. But I'm thinking about some possible reason. The first is that the input cable is not good connection, and then pls check the output cable(from amp to connectors), to see if any output terminal is Grounded. I suggest use a multimeter to check these upon carefully before power on, any mistake may kill the amplifier. There is also another possibility, the bottom of board touched the chassis (metal). And I also need a photo to check more if you can give
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarpMalone
Hi Dealer... Have you checked for continuity between the binding posts and the enclosure? Are you sure you they're not shorted?
Indeed you both seem to be right. This time I tried the new binding posts and probably the metal touches metal and this leads to a short-circuit. Good that there is a working speaker protection relay I will check them out. Thanks ...

Last edited by TheDealer; 22nd September 2012 at 03:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 02:04 AM   #2152
mfaughn is offline mfaughn  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sylva, NC
I searched this thread but can't find any head-to-head comparison in sound between the T2 SE and T3S. I've been planning to get a HiFimeDIY amp since this thread was less than a tenth as long and I'm finally gearing up to pull the trigger. Just don't know which one. If SQ is close I'd go for the power but if the T2 SE were significantly better sounding It'll be that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:22 AM   #2153
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaughn View Post
I searched this thread but can't find any head-to-head comparison in sound between the T2 SE and T3S. I've been planning to get a HiFimeDIY amp since this thread was less than a tenth as long and I'm finally gearing up to pull the trigger. Just don't know which one. If SQ is close I'd go for the power but if the T2 SE were significantly better sounding It'll be that one.
Hi, I suggest choose the amp according to your need, like how many watts you need and what voltage supply you want to use.
T3S will output more power than T2 SE because it can be supplied with higher voltage. They are almost same when you use same voltage to same speaker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:55 AM   #2154
mfaughn is offline mfaughn  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sylva, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Hi, I suggest choose the amp according to your need, like how many watts you need and what voltage supply you want to use.
T3S will output more power than T2 SE because it can be supplied with higher voltage. They are almost same when you use same voltage to same speaker.
Thanks for the help there. I think it makes more sense then to go with the T3S because you never know what I might hook it up to in the future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 07:52 AM   #2155
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I finally got around to putting my 3 channel amplifier together using two T4s and a SMPS800RE. The remote control switch is working really well and everything powers up nicely. BUT when everything powers up I get high pitched noise coming out the speakers. I double checked all my grounding, especially the RCA inputs and to my eyes all looks ok. I have another 2ch T4 amp with SMPS500R that works beautifully. I checked the differences between the two amps and these are:

1. I use a wooden enclosure for 2ch and metal for 3ch
2. I am using 1 SMPS to power 2 T4s in the 3ch
3. The RCA connections internally are grounded using two separate black wires that come from the potentiometer in the 2ch and in the 3ch I am using the single black to one of the RCA ground washers for front, the second T4 has red into RCA and the other white and black wire is grounded to red RCA plug.

I have been testing only the LR fronts with some spare speakers.

What other issues could I be having with the amp?
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 08:14 AM   #2156
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
problem is definately in the rca stuff, you should only use the ground provided by the amplifier board, and it should connect to all of rca ground together, you can also connect the earth input to the chassis.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 09:03 AM   #2157
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4rr3l View Post
problem is definately in the rca stuff, you should only use the ground provided by the amplifier board, and it should connect to all of rca ground together, you can also connect the earth input to the chassis.
Do you mean the black wires (surrounding wire) for both amps are connected together? The ground washers on the RCA plugs are not connected to the chassis, but separated by a plastic washer. The black wire should be grounded but not in contact with the chassis?
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 10:14 AM   #2158
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Or I could connect the black input wires to the grounding star that the external power and SMPS are connected too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 03:16 PM   #2159
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanlation View Post
Do you mean the black wires (surrounding wire) for both amps are connected together? The ground washers on the RCA plugs are not connected to the chassis, but separated by a plastic washer. The black wire should be grounded but not in contact with the chassis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanlation View Post
Or I could connect the black input wires to the grounding star that the external power and SMPS are connected too.
We are talking about the input right? yes ground both input together L and R,

But each input only connected to it's following amplifier ground input. (L and R together)

Keep them insulated from the chassis.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 04:06 AM   #2160
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Can I just check the order of RCA parts. from external to internal - PLUG -> plastic washer -> chassis -> plastic plug -> ground washer/ring -> nut -> positive wire soldered to end.

Last edited by zanlation; 7th October 2012 at 04:08 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sure electronics 4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board aquapiranha Class D 3 31st May 2011 12:06 AM
Any input on the new Dayton TK2050? finnbow Class D 10 3rd May 2011 12:37 AM
Parallled tk2050/st505 paolo66 Class D 1 24th November 2009 06:10 PM
New Sure electronics TK2050 T-amp xaudiox Class D 2 8th May 2009 08:50 AM
Tripath TK2050 Eccu Digital Source 0 19th April 2002 12:06 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2