New TK2050 board - Page 213 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 10:29 AM   #2121
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Yes. this amp board is used to simplify the design of multichannel system.
The pcb size is only 12*14cm when the board has 4x big input MKP caps as well as 2x big FC caps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 07:54 AM   #2122
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I have a question about the T4... can anyone suggest/hyperlink to an option for this "Power down interface to switch or controller: It can be remotely switched off from compatible preamp or controller"?

Also, if I run two T4s will I also need two 500R SMPS?
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 06:31 AM   #2123
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Could you help me buy some switching power amplifiers or conversion from Taobao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick122147 View Post
Thanks, I know it doesn't look pretty, but I didn't know that this would cause not optimal sound. Has the cap taken damage from this?



I bought it from taobao.com which is the chinese ebay equivalent, but difficult to use if you're not in China. I asked the seller if he also sells on ebay, he said no. I could maybe help to send out of china if someone is eager to try this board, but I got the last one, he is sold out until next month. Price was about the same as the sure board.

Could you help me buy some switching power amplifiers or conversion from Taobao.com.

and my chinese is quite poor, and find this Taobao Agent site: www.buychina.com; how about it? or can you help me shop some from Taobao directly. and contact me in email. thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 01:39 PM   #2124
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanlation View Post
I have a question about the T4... can anyone suggest/hyperlink to an option for this "Power down interface to switch or controller: It can be remotely switched off from compatible preamp or controller"?

Also, if I run two T4s will I also need two 500R SMPS?
Hi, you can find 'power down' connector on board as showed below. Shorting the connector or input a low level TTL signal will power down the amp, and left it open or input high level TTL signal means normal.
You'd better use 2x SMPS. But that depend on how many power you need from amps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T4 PD.JPG (22.2 KB, 500 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 08:46 PM   #2125
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hi all,

I just built a pair of Overnight Sensations to use on my desk (i.e. nearfield). They are currently powered by a Pioneer Elite A-35R. But I'm looking for something physically smaller. My original plan was to use the Dayton DTA-100a, but as they are currently back-ordered, I went looking for alternatives.

That's what brought me to this thread, of which I read (or at least skimmed ) in its entirety.

Anyway: just had a couple questions before I pull the trigger: if I get the Hifimediy T2 amp board plus the SMPS300R 28V 110V power supply, all I need to do is wire the two and I'm ready to go, right? In other words, do I need to adjust anything on the PS or amp board?

I ask because on the page for the T2 SE STA510A MUNDORF MCAP, it says "We recommend 38V psu turned down to 34-35VDC". How does one turn down the voltage on these Connex PSUs? Can't decide if I want to go with the "upgraded" T2 or not.

Are those ALPS pots on the T2?

Leaning towards this GD-Audio GDCH-05 chassis. Looks like at least one other person in this thread used the same case---do you happen to remember what height PCB standoff you used to make the pot line up correctly?

Any thoughts on T1 versus T2 in terms of sound quality? I know the T1 is recommended for 8ohm loads (which my speakers are), but the T2 is cheaper, and 50 Watts should be more than enough for nearfield listening. (The Pioneer is 45W, and I barely have it turned up.)

Any other thoughts/suggestions? FWIW, I have a Cambridge Audio DacMagic sitting between the computer and the amp. I tried using my Class D Audio SDS-470 for this purpose, but it's ridiculously overpowered (600 Watts @ 8 ohms).
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 09:23 PM   #2126
teamacc is offline teamacc  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_garman View Post
Hi all,

I just built a pair of Overnight Sensations to use on my desk (i.e. nearfield). They are currently powered by a Pioneer Elite A-35R. But I'm looking for something physically smaller. My original plan was to use the Dayton DTA-100a, but as they are currently back-ordered, I went looking for alternatives.

That's what brought me to this thread, of which I read (or at least skimmed ) in its entirety.

Anyway: just had a couple questions before I pull the trigger: if I get the Hifimediy T2 amp board plus the SMPS300R 28V 110V power supply, all I need to do is wire the two and I'm ready to go, right? In other words, do I need to adjust anything on the PS or amp board?

I ask because on the page for the T2 SE STA510A MUNDORF MCAP, it says "We recommend 38V psu turned down to 34-35VDC". How does one turn down the voltage on these Connex PSUs? Can't decide if I want to go with the "upgraded" T2 or not.

Are those ALPS pots on the T2?

Leaning towards this GD-Audio GDCH-05 chassis. Looks like at least one other person in this thread used the same case---do you happen to remember what height PCB standoff you used to make the pot line up correctly?

Any thoughts on T1 versus T2 in terms of sound quality? I know the T1 is recommended for 8ohm loads (which my speakers are), but the T2 is cheaper, and 50 Watts should be more than enough for nearfield listening. (The Pioneer is 45W, and I barely have it turned up.)

Any other thoughts/suggestions? FWIW, I have a Cambridge Audio DacMagic sitting between the computer and the amp. I tried using my Class D Audio SDS-470 for this purpose, but it's ridiculously overpowered (600 Watts @ 8 ohms).
The dayton is an out-of-the-box working solution. It seems to be due on 8/2, in 2 weeks. I doubt you can get your hifimediy aplifier before then, due to shipping time.

How do the overnight sensations sound?
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 08:00 PM   #2127
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamacc View Post
The dayton is an out-of-the-box working solution. It seems to be due on 8/2, in 2 weeks. I doubt you can get your hifimediy aplifier before then, due to shipping time.
True, but after reading this thread, I'm now wanting more power and/or higher sound/build quality rather than quick delivery.

As far as out-of-the-box solutions, what about the Topping TP-22? Or the Muse DT-50? Both are about the same cost as the Dayton, but look to be higher quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamacc View Post
How do the overnight sensations sound?
Good but not great. I say that because when I first tested them out, I literally put them on top of my Salk Songtowers, and moved the cables from the STs to the Overnight Sensations. No contest. But then again, that's a comparison to floor standing speakers costing 15x as much. So my expectations were/are a little out of whack. But with them on my desk, they sound pretty good. Noticeably better with the overpowered SDS-470 compared to the Pioneer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 04:41 AM   #2128
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Hi, you can find 'power down' connector on board as showed below. Shorting the connector or input a low level TTL signal will power down the amp, and left it open or input high level TTL signal means normal.
You'd better use 2x SMPS. But that depend on how many power you need from amps.
I want to use 2 x T4 to run 3 channels only (LCR). Can the second T4 only run the one channel ok? Would one 800W SMPS do the job?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 12:56 PM   #2129
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanlation View Post
I want to use 2 x T4 to run 3 channels only (LCR). Can the second T4 only run the one channel ok? Would one 800W SMPS do the job?
Yes, it's ok. Just short the input of unused channel to GND than it will draw less power. 800W is enough in my opinion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 03:12 AM   #2130
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Yes, it's ok. Just short the input of unused channel to GND than it will draw less power. 800W is enough in my opinion.
hifimediy, can you please describe the procedure for grounding the unused channel?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sure electronics 4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board aquapiranha Class D 3 31st May 2011 12:06 AM
Any input on the new Dayton TK2050? finnbow Class D 10 3rd May 2011 12:37 AM
Parallled tk2050/st505 paolo66 Class D 1 24th November 2009 06:10 PM
New Sure electronics TK2050 T-amp xaudiox Class D 2 8th May 2009 08:50 AM
Tripath TK2050 Eccu Digital Source 0 19th April 2002 12:06 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2