New TK2050 board - Page 201 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 02:37 PM   #2001
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Heyy , just posted topic No: 2000 above !!
What's my surprise gift Mr. Hifimediy, a TC2000 controller ?? Ding , ding, ding ....

Last edited by TheDealer; 12th February 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: correction
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 06:42 PM   #2002
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
v-bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nertia View Post
Not sure this is a good idea, fully charged batteries tend to deliver more than their rated voltage. Also the bulk power cap on my board is rated 25V so 27.8V is over 10% more than its rating.

I think these boards are REALLY designed for low voltages. You might still get some good sound @ 24V with a T1 or T2 if cost/size is not an issue.
Should be no problem, as long as all parts specs are taken care of properly...

I have a TK2050 amplifier running at a voltage of 55V with no problems at all...
__________________
Max. cone displacement can be several foot on any speaker!Too bad it can be done only once......
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 02:31 AM   #2003
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bro View Post
Should be no problem, as long as all parts specs are taken care of properly...

I have a TK2050 amplifier running at a voltage of 55V with no problems at all...
There are other parts on T1-M that have a max 24V rating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 11:14 AM   #2004
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
v-bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick122147 View Post
There are other parts on T1-M that have a max 24V rating.
Which are?

Usually they are just some electrolytic caps, ceramic caps, and maybe a relay... Then adapt the voltage sensing, feedback and gain and you're good to go!
__________________
Max. cone displacement can be several foot on any speaker!Too bad it can be done only once......
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 02:06 PM   #2005
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bro View Post
Which are?

Usually they are just some electrolytic caps, ceramic caps, and maybe a relay... Then adapt the voltage sensing, feedback and gain and you're good to go!
we use 25V electrolytic cap on board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 02:14 PM   #2006
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovro View Post
well, you got me going around in circles now. I resoldered the rp1 the first time around.
I have attached the picture of the PR1.
Is the controller chip maybe at fault or something else?
Click the image to open in full size.
It's strange to me too. The part seems ok from you photo.
Could you measure the wires from the resistor RP1 to the chip? I hope the trace is not broken.
What I can be sure now is that the output part is ok, so just focus on the TC2000 analog input part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 02:16 PM   #2007
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDealer View Post
Heyy , just posted topic No: 2000 above !!
What's my surprise gift Mr. Hifimediy, a TC2000 controller ?? Ding , ding, ding ....
That's encouraging for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 06:39 PM   #2008
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
v-bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
we use 25V electrolytic cap on board.
Cheers mate, but that's easy enough to fix then!
__________________
Max. cone displacement can be several foot on any speaker!Too bad it can be done only once......
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 11:11 PM   #2009
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
That's encouraging for me.
So far so good your T Amps just only need a bit bass treatment. It would be also encouraging me to write more on the german Tripath Test page when I (or you ?) find a Modding solution. The page is launched some weeks ago and voila there are currently T1 and T2 (with input cap mods) introduced and a non-modded poppulse. The list will be continued.

What I can tell you that T1 with battery supply sounds damn good with 8 ohm speakers. But the solid state 2 x 40 Watts Creek 4330 is a real giant killer and obviously the T1 could not hold with the bass response. On the other hand the soundstage of T1 is far better. The T2 (Battery/SMPS) with small 8 Ohm speakers sounded a bit bass-shy and lightly unbalanced. Here indeed a pair of max. 6 ohms impedance speakers are recommended. We compare with good classic solid states. In nearly future the reference equipment will completed hopefully with a 845 tube amp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 07:55 AM   #2010
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default LINK

Hi
Can you give as a link or web page about these tests from the "german Tripath Test page " .
Regards
Vassilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDealer View Post
So far so good your T Amps just only need a bit bass treatment. It would be also encouraging me to write more on the german Tripath Test page when I (or you ?) find a Modding solution. The page is launched some weeks ago and voila there are currently T1 and T2 (with input cap mods) introduced and a non-modded poppulse. The list will be continued.

What I can tell you that T1 with battery supply sounds damn good with 8 ohm speakers. But the solid state 2 x 40 Watts Creek 4330 is a real giant killer and obviously the T1 could not hold with the bass response. On the other hand the soundstage of T1 is far better. The T2 (Battery/SMPS) with small 8 Ohm speakers sounded a bit bass-shy and lightly unbalanced. Here indeed a pair of max. 6 ohms impedance speakers are recommended. We compare with good classic solid states. In nearly future the reference equipment will completed hopefully with a 845 tube amp.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sure electronics 4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board aquapiranha Class D 3 30th May 2011 11:06 PM
Any input on the new Dayton TK2050? finnbow Class D 10 2nd May 2011 11:37 PM
Parallled tk2050/st505 paolo66 Class D 1 24th November 2009 05:10 PM
New Sure electronics TK2050 T-amp xaudiox Class D 2 8th May 2009 07:50 AM
Tripath TK2050 Eccu Digital Source 0 19th April 2002 11:06 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:08 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2