New TK2050 board - Page 114 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2010, 11:10 AM   #1131
smithie is offline smithie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

hi haz
if you use this cap it shouldnt hurt(then again ive been wrong before),it may change your fq response,depends what your using to drive the boards with(pre-amp).
is there a reason your drawn to this cap,i know some give it good mention but i never came to the same conclusion,although like most things with caps it just depends where its used,of course this is only my view so it means nothing,if your out to test some ruskie caps then these may also be worth a try...k73-16.
all the best
smithie
Old 4th December 2010, 05:13 PM   #1132
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz View Post
Can anyone tell me if this capacitors are suitable to replace the 2.2 uf input cap on the arjenhelder MKI TK2050 mono block class-D amplifier's?

Or is the rated too low? What would happen if you did?

0.033uF 500V AUDIO teflon capacitors K72P-6. Lot of 8 on eBay (end time 05-Dec-10 22:59:20 GMT)

Thank you for your support
No bass. What makes you think you can exchange a 2.2uf part with a 0.033uf part?
Old 4th December 2010, 07:28 PM   #1133
smithie is offline smithie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

there 3.3uf on my boards?
i dint notice the extra 0 there in your question
as nick says...your certainly have no bass,ive used 0.47 but as my lower reaches are covered by a plate amp i wouldnt hear any effect unless really drastic anyway
all the best
smithie
Old 5th December 2010, 07:16 PM   #1134
Haz is offline Haz  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

It was worth asking I thought, not entirely sure what the input caps do. I just like messing with things to see what effect it will have.
Old 5th December 2010, 07:27 PM   #1135
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithie View Post
hi haz
if you use this cap it shouldnt hurt(then again ive been wrong before),it may change your fq response,depends what your using to drive the boards with(pre-amp).
is there a reason your drawn to this cap,i know some give it good mention but i never came to the same conclusion,although like most things with caps it just depends where its used,of course this is only my view so it means nothing,if your out to test some ruskie caps then these may also be worth a try...k73-16.
all the best
smithie
I was drawn to his cap due to another thread on this forum stating that this cap (K72P-6) and teflon capacitors in general are one of the best. Other reason are there priced very cheap!! And words like Military equipment and 0,5 grams of silver sound impressive!!

If anyone would like to throw some other brands my way that they would recommend I would be very grateful.

Thank you for you support!!
Old 5th December 2010, 10:37 PM   #1136
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

Haz, you ask to change on ajenhelder's board; This is not the appropriate thread
For an input impedance of 50K, a 0.033F cap would filter at 100Hz. Much too high and you would seriously lose bass.

If you want to try these caps as input caps, find some in the range of 2.2F to 4.7F.
Usually, people use MKP caps.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:25 AM   #1137
diyAudio Member

sorry should have started a new thread. I've got the information I needed Thank you.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:31 AM   #1138
sendler is offline sendler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Dayton foil

Dayton foil caps are my favorite paralleled to make 3.3uf. I've tried many popular MKP film caps for signal coupling and the foil caps are a step above in transparency. Foil over teflon might be even a little better but the pricing gets ridiculous.
Old 7th December 2010, 09:32 PM   #1139
diyAudio Member

Hi

I want to make my first diy amp with the T1 board. I'll be using it to drive my old (but very nice) B&W DM2000 8ohm speakers.

I'm going to buy the following items:

- The new T1 2*100W@8ohm - ALPS
- Meanwell S-350 36V
- Case, some plugs...

Now, the website doens't say anything about speaker/DC protection, so I guess that T1 doens't have it. I've been reading about the hifimediy amps for a while and I can't seem to find alot of people implementing this protection. Do you need it? I hope someone can give me some more insight in this.

Thanks in advance
Old 7th December 2010, 11:19 PM   #1140
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azertyman View Post
Hi.

Now, the website doens't say anything about speaker/DC protection, so I guess that T1 doens't have it. I've been reading about the hifimediy amps for a while and I can't seem to find alot of people implementing this protection. Do you need it? I hope someone can give me some more insight in this.

Thanks in advance
The protection you are asking about is already built in, so nothing to worry about

Hide this!Advertise here!