New TK2050 board - Page 110 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2010, 06:05 AM   #1091
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jerry View Post
Very interesting.
According to the TC2000 Tripath datasheet:
"The TC2000 is a 5V CMOS signal processor that amplifies the audio input signal and converts the audio signal to a switching pattern. This switching pattern is spread spectrum with a typical idle switching frequency of about 650kHz externally set by the CFB. The switching patterns for the two channels are not synchronized and the idle switching frequencies should differ by at least 40kHz to avoid increasing the audio band noise floor. The idle frequency difference can be accomplished by offsetting the value of CFB for each channel. Typical values of CFB with the TP2050 are 470pF for channel 1 and 390pF for channel 2."

On the T2 board the values are 390pF and 470pF.
Waiting for the hifimediy reply...
390pF and 470pF is ok, but what we are using is better.
Old 18th November 2010, 06:09 AM   #1092
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautxy View Post
i just ordered 4 of your amps. (2050 v2)
is it possible to undo the input caps ( like in charlize II) when i have no DC at the input. i am coming from a dac with an 1:1transformer 600Ohm.
Thanks
Alfred
I didn't try that, and nothing will be damaged when you do that. but I think you'd better add a 100~330pF caps to ground.
Old 18th November 2010, 06:13 AM   #1093
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokesrule View Post
Hi, I bi amp with these 2050's I love them....but I too am wondering about those 3.3uf caps at the input....I have made a lampizator valve output/dac and the signal leaves the ouput stage thru 10.0uf caps so surely these 10ufs would allow me to remove the 3.3s on the 2050 boards as any dc has been blocked???
Yes, you can do that. But 10uF is a little too big in my opinion, some times will lead to clip-clop noise when power on and off. but it's worth to try if you like.
Old 18th November 2010, 06:52 AM   #1094
Baka is offline Baka  Montenegro
diyAudio Member

Default sta510A

I have T1 with sta508 chip.

Can I purchase only sta510A chip from you?

Thanks,

Baki
Old 18th November 2010, 07:45 AM   #1095
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I have T1 with sta508 chip.

Can I purchase only sta510A chip from you?

Thanks,

Baki
Hi. Sorry that I cannot do that.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:56 AM   #1096
sendler is offline sendler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Warning to input cap removers

To all of the input cap removers:
Don't forget that the amp's input generates 2.5 vdc so if you remove the input cap you cannot jump the vacant pads unless you have also removed the pot. Now you have also eliminated the terminating resistance to ground at the amp so your source and cables may actually sound not quite as good. DC from the source is not the only reason for the cap. The amp also puts 2.5 vdc on it's side of the input, due to the use of single sided power supplies, which cannot be shorted to ground. The Charlize does not have a pot so that is the difference. Also, transformers may not like to have the dc from the amp running back through them and will also serve to short the voltage away so that the amp can't function.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:12 AM   #1097
diyAudio Member

Default sendler

therefore sendler removing the 3.3uf caps is no good to me as i have a volume pot connected to both boards and I use the pots on the boards as a sort of "presence" control to make up for my speaker cross overs..it works really well. So is it worth putting in better input caps if I cannot remove them? I am weary of dc as my speaker cones where made in the 50's and I guess they are probably very fragile. Its why i have never experimented with the dutch guy's 2020's because I worry about speaker pop and I know his boards pop.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:41 AM   #1098
diyAudio Member

Default Sonics of caps

Quote:
So is it worth putting in better input caps if I cannot remove them?
The only way to know if a different cap sounds better is to try it.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:07 PM   #1099
diyAudio Member

Default sandler

hi sandler, could I ask one more question...if the output stage on the dac was supposed to have 10uf as its output cap .....when we connect to another board with an input cap ... have we not just changed the "overall capacitance"? So if the designer of the output stage recommended 10uf then would I not have to change the capacitors on both 2050s and the dac output stage: to 20uf, so I achieve 10uf overall? Or again is the only answer by experimentation?
Old 18th November 2010, 12:21 PM   #1100
diyAudio Member

Default DC blocking

Quote:
hi sandler, could I ask one more question...if the output stage on the dac was supposed to have 10uf as its output cap .....when we connect to another board with an input cap ... have we not just changed the "overall capacitance"? So if the designer of the output stage recommended 10uf then would I not have to change the capacitors on both 2050s and the dac output stage: to 20uf, so I achieve 10uf overall? Or again is the only answer by experimentation?
The output coupling cap of source components is not normally part of any reactive circuit so the value is arbitrarily chosen to get adequate bass. Most mid-fi companies use 47uf electrolytics. I have used 2uf into my 4k stepped attenuators but 3-4uf would be better and is plenty when going into a 50k pot. So the absolute value of coupling/ blocking caps doesn't matter as long as they are not too small for poor bass extension.

Hide this!Advertise here!