New TK2050 board - Page 101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2010, 10:15 PM   #1001
diyAudio Member

I spoke with Hifimediy & Nick,
I think it is the Relay where the power comes to the board,
it still works,I just unplug power supply when finished.
Anyway Hifimediy is suppose to be sending some
Relays to Nick, and he said he would send them as soon
as he gets them, so contact Nick,I assume this has been a problem
for others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonata149 View Post
This has happened to me also, but during the first week or so it functioned properly. Checked the switch with a multimeter and it was OK. Wrote to hifimediy and they said it could be a defective connection, but this wasn't the case. To cut a long story short we exchanged a number of emails and I thought they were being evasive. I packed it temporarily and switched to my previous amp hoping the problem would crop up on this thread.

May I suggest you too write to hifimediy and hopefully now that the problem has surfaced here they will do something about it.

JA
Old 4th November 2010, 10:22 PM   #1002
diyAudio Member

Hello
I took a look at it from underneath the board and that relay only has
4 pins I think there are suppose to be 5 pins
is that correct or did I miss something.
the 2 relays at output have 5 pins.
what are your thoughts.
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg View Post
Few page earlier, same problem for me. The relay stay stuck. Just hit it a little bit, it should release by itself.
Hifimediy has to find a solution to this problem, it is not an isolated one.

Eric
Old 5th November 2010, 03:27 AM   #1003
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This has happened to me also, but during the first week or so it functioned properly. Checked the switch with a multimeter and it was OK. Wrote to hifimediy and they said it could be a defective connection, but this wasn't the case. To cut a long story short we exchanged a number of emails and I thought they were being evasive. I packed it temporarily and switched to my previous amp hoping the problem would crop up on this thread.

May I suggest you too write to hifimediy and hopefully now that the problem has surfaced here they will do something about it.

JA
Hi, sorry you felt you were treated in that way. I initially thought there was something wrong with the switch itself (getting loose in shipment) and I asked some more questions to understand more exactly what's happening.
Anyway, as bigaudioscotto said, I will receive some new relays which I can send out to those who need it. Hopefully many of you are able to change it yourself if needed.
A workaround is to leave the power switch on, and turn power on/off with your power supply, just like on the v2 board.
Old 5th November 2010, 08:41 AM   #1004
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkasar View Post
T3 has a lot of power yes no doubt. However, TK2350 has excellent carateristics.
It is close to TA3020 at cheaper price. It could be a high power high quality stereo amp. (close to 2x200W in 4ohms at 0,05% THD)
I was just wondering why this excellent tripath chip gets so little interest in the DIY community.
Click the image to open in full size.
I agree with you.
Also I wonder how it's possible the availability of the Tripath chips if the Tripath closed in 2007 for financial difficulties.
Who is still producing the IC's?
Old 5th November 2010, 09:43 AM   #1005
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg View Post
Few page earlier, same problem for me. The relay stay stuck. Just hit it a little bit, it should release by itself.
Hifimediy has to find a solution to this problem, it is not an isolated one.

Eric
Earlier on I wrote about the switch on my v1.2 remaining on when switched off. I have tried this little trick on the supply (black) relay and the problem has been fixed. I'm not sure it will not surface again because I had to do it 3 times before it finally settled. Short of a replacement relay it's good to know there is a way around the problem.

Nick, what you said about my case is true. My comments were not meant to be hard on you or your product which besides sounding very good is also very good value. I wrote because I was confident the subject would be brought up here and discussed - as actually happened. I'll keep following this thread for any developments.

JA
Old 5th November 2010, 04:02 PM   #1006
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jerry View Post
Who is still producing the IC's?
China
Old 6th November 2010, 09:24 AM   #1007
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Earlier on I wrote about the switch on my v1.2 remaining on when switched off. I have tried this little trick on the supply (black) relay and the problem has been fixed. I'm not sure it will not surface again because I had to do it 3 times before it finally settled. Short of a replacement relay it's good to know there is a way around the problem.

Nick, what you said about my case is true. My comments were not meant to be hard on you or your product which besides sounding very good is also very good value. I wrote because I was confident the subject would be brought up here and discussed - as actually happened. I'll keep following this thread for any developments.

JA
Hi, guys.
I have to say that there are certain problems in our products including this relay problem. I just found that this relay can not handle voltage up to 30V when large current, and when will perform as STUCK. And I already try to find a new relay that will be stronger, but I couldn't find it by now(HONGFA HF152 may be the one, but are out of stock now). And I will keep on looking for that. I believe that if use v1 below 28V it will be ok because I tested every board and didn't find one with that problem. So we will keep selling v1 with HONGFA JQC-3FF and update the relay when I find a new one to replace.
And I feel very happy that may of you help and support us so much. I think it's my duty that doing things better.
Old 6th November 2010, 10:03 AM   #1008
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkasar View Post
T3 has a lot of power yes no doubt. However, TK2350 has excellent carateristics.
It is close to TA3020 at cheaper price. It could be a high power high quality stereo amp. (close to 2x200W in 4ohms at 0,05% THD)
I was just wondering why this excellent tripath chip gets so little interest in the DIY community.
Click the image to open in full size.
For the Tripath has no longer produced these chip, I think we only can make projects that chips are still on stock.
Old 6th November 2010, 10:19 AM   #1009
diyAudio Member

Yeap. Even more interesting were those digital input chips they were developing.
Too bad they went bankrupt.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:03 PM   #1010
diyAudio Member

Default v1.1b Relay problem.

I was only running at 27 volts and had the stuck Relay.
but I must say thanks for making a good sounding amp.
keep up the good work,we will figure this relay problem out.
by the way I tried to run my amp on 2 x 12 volt sla batteries
and I will tell you it sounds way better on smps supply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Hi, guys.
I have to say that there are certain problems in our products including this relay problem. I just found that this relay can not handle voltage up to 30V when large current, and when will perform as STUCK. And I already try to find a new relay that will be stronger, but I couldn't find it by now(HONGFA HF152 may be the one, but are out of stock now). And I will keep on looking for that. I believe that if use v1 below 28V it will be ok because I tested every board and didn't find one with that problem. So we will keep selling v1 with HONGFA JQC-3FF and update the relay when I find a new one to replace.
And I feel very happy that may of you help and support us so much. I think it's my duty that doing things better.

Last edited by bigaudioscotto; 6th November 2010 at 12:25 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!