Got my Parts-Express DTA-100 Amp Today

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a 41Hz amp5 and an amp6 as my comparison points for this amp.

Not really comparable amps are they?

AMP5 uses TA2022 and isn't too good a performer with respect to THD+N and AMP6 uses TA2020, which sounds nice, but is a toy compared to a good TK2050 implementation. Which the amp on trial here obviously isn't.

AMP4 is the horse for the course, and will last at least twice as long as this sweatshop product....

LOL, after some more research it sounds like they may have resolved some build issues...but I can only assume the refurbs are the ones returned by customers due to those exact build issues. Personally, I'd rather spend my cash on something that was built right the first time.

I got mine sometime in 2011 and had to wait about 3 months before it shipped bc PE said they were improving the quality. I love mine! I bought a second one several months later for another room but haven't hooked it up yet. On the outside the thing is perfect. I hope the insides were cleaned up but will not open mine. What I can't see is best left inside the very good looking case. I use mine with my pc and some pretty good full range drivers.

I prefer this amp to the smaller, plastic Dayton amp (I have three of those... one died but the other two are well used in my two sons rooms). They have good speakers and use their pc as source too... sometimes they use their iPods.

I also bought the Lepai thing and returned it without even hooking it up. It arrived scratched up and felt like garbage in my hands. The Dayton products were miles ahead.

Zilla

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.