pls help...using gate driver in class D amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wish someone pro can help me....
i m doing a class D amplifier for subwoofer but facing problem in using the gate driver..,i hv tried to use ir2011 n hip4081 but fail. i decided to build an half bridge amp, using +-24v supply. switching frequency is 130khz. mosfet is irfb4212. any recommended gate driver n how to test it?

thx for ur reply....
in the attachment is wat i do...but the result is....short circuit....
i don't know wher is the error...T.T

Attachments

• ir2011.JPG
    ir2011.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 275
u mean there is no problem with tis connection? so if i short the drain of the lower side to the source of the higher side, tis circuit should b working? how to test the circuit so i can confirm it is working? if i connect anode of the oscilloscope to HO, n cathode to Vs, should it b a pulse signal tat similar to the signal of HIN? and the signal of LO and COM should b similar to the signal of LIN? is the dead time for tis circuit sufficient?
Thx a lot!!!!

u mean there is no problem with tis connection? so if i short the drain of the lower side to the source of the higher side, tis circuit should b working?

yes, this should work in this way :)

how to test the circuit so i can confirm it is working? if i connect anode of the oscilloscope to HO, n cathode to Vs, should it b a pulse signal tat similar to the signal of HIN? and the signal of LO and COM should b similar to the signal of LIN?

yes, something like this :) Make sure, that you always produce the LIN pulse first, before producing HIN pulse, since the high side driver is supplied by bootstrap capacitor (the 330nf one), which is charged during the LIN pulse... ;)

is the dead time for tis circuit sufficient?

it is needed to know the driver IC and mosfet types first. And then it is needed to know how you will produce the HIN and LIN pulses... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.