diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   200-300 W class D amplifier? schematic? project? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/163363-200-300-w-class-d-amplifier-schematic-project.html)

DigiSoft 18th March 2010 12:56 AM

200-300 W class D amplifier? schematic? project?
 
Ok so I need to build class-d amplifier for driving 8Ohm woofer.
This amp should be able to deliver 200-300 W Max.

I was thinking of using some LM or TDA Ics but there are none for this high power. I DON'T WANT TO USE BRIDGE AMPS.

So is there any way that I can put power transistors at the output of some TDA or LM 80W IC and boost it up to 300W with those transistors?

If this is not possible then can you show me some good and tested class AB amplifier that will have 200W-300W of power?

I was searching google over 2 days but can't find some good trusted and tested project.

Thank you

luka 18th March 2010 06:03 AM

I think you might want to look into kits or already builded ones, like ucd400... that one will give you ~200w into 8

Nelson Bass 18th March 2010 06:40 AM

41Hz Audio:Truepath kit

I build this one and used a switch mode psu from red rocks audio in Spain.

DigiSoft 18th March 2010 11:22 AM

Well I am not looking for kit. I am very familiar with electronics and I am working with electronic long time. I have build lot of project. So I am looking for good schematic and PCB, everything else I'll make myself :D

I have build lot amplifiers based on TDA and LM and they work great but they are all not more than 100W.

For this project I need at least 200W and I would like to use power transistors instead of IC. For example IRF540N

udhay_cit 18th March 2010 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have any idea to design your amp using IC then take a look at TI pure path amp TAS series. I am doing a project with TAS5615 [300w] the PCB is fully compatible with TAS5630 [600W] also...

I just now finished my PCB design, i didn't tested the amp. My design is for your look... find the attachment

macboy 18th March 2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiSoft (Post 2122976)
Ok so I need to build class-d amplifier for driving 8Ohm woofer.
This amp should be able to deliver 200-300 W Max.

I was thinking of using some LM or TDA Ics but there are none for this high power. I DON'T WANT TO USE BRIDGE AMPS.

So is there any way that I can put power transistors at the output of some TDA or LM 80W IC and boost it up to 300W with those transistors?

If this is not possible then can you show me some good and tested class AB amplifier that will have 200W-300W of power?

OK this is a little off topic since it is not Class D, but you did specifically ask about Class AB and about using a LM chip to drive additional output transistors. So how about something like this:
new 300W LME49810 Mono channel Audio Amplifier Board - eBay (item 190374949690 end time Mar-23-10 10:43:11 PDT).
There are threads elsewhere on here discussing this amp, such as this one: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid...-lme49810.html

DigiSoft 18th March 2010 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I fount that there are not very good schematics for Class-D amps so I've decided to make this amplifier.

What do you think about it?

Thanks.

Specs:
> RMS ------------- 200-210W / 8 ohms
> RMS ------------- 300-320W / 4 ohms
> Music --------- 240-250W / 8 ohms
> muzička --------- 410-430W / 4 ohms

This design is very popular.

luka 18th March 2010 09:25 PM

giving u already? to bad, since this forum has few, one would be from Fredos, just to name one

DigiSoft 18th March 2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luka (Post 2124004)
giving u already? to bad, since this forum has few, one would be from Fredos, just to name one

Fredos? Hmmm I'll search it on the forum.

I can't find it. The search engine gives me too much results.

Anyway there is very little information about building quality Class-D amplifier that can deliver at least 200W on 8ohms load.

I was searching the TDA database and LM but they don't have anything over 100W and I think it is not possible to have more than 100W in single package because there wont be any way to cool it down.

So what is the solution? I really want class-D amp because they are much smaller and they are very efficient. I have two amps in class-D. They are both around 100W and they are based on TDA chips but I can't remember what models.

81bas 19th March 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiSoft (Post 2124009)
I was searching the TDA database and LM but they don't have anything over 100W and I think it is not possible to have more than 100W in single package because there wont be any way to cool it down.

Have looked to TAS5630 chip? It was mentioned here already. :rolleyes:
And there is not so much to cool down, since this is a class-D amplifier and the efficiency is usually about 85-95%. So having 100W at output, you will need to dissipate only about 10-15W via heatsinks.

BTW, your previous schematic (subzero amp) is NOT a class-D amplifier :rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2