200-300 W class D amplifier? schematic? project? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2010, 11:23 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bas View Post
Have looked to TAS5630 chip? It was mentioned here already.
And there is not so much to cool down, since this is a class-D amplifier and the efficiency is usually about 85-95%. So having 100W at output, you will need to dissipate only about 10-15W via heatsinks.

BTW, your previous schematic (subzero amp) is NOT a class-D amplifier
Yes I know it is not class-D but it is powerful

I can't find TAS5630 in my country so it is not an option.
Old 19th March 2010, 02:32 PM   #12
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSoft View Post
Fredos? Hmmm I'll search it on the forum.

I can't find it. The search engine gives me too much results.

Anyway there is very little information about building quality Class-D amplifier that can deliver at least 200W on 8ohms load.

I was searching the TDA database and LM but they don't have anything over 100W and I think it is not possible to have more than 100W in single package because there wont be any way to cool it down.

So what is the solution? I really want class-D amp because they are much smaller and they are very efficient. I have two amps in class-D. They are both around 100W and they are based on TDA chips but I can't remember what models.
Well do I really have to do everything for you, search engine is there for a reason... Fredos is the one that has designed it, then alexclaire redone it, to be diy friendly, he had tested it on +/-80v supply driving 4R load over 650w... so it will do over 300w into 8R

I have also do it, sound most impressive with lots of power

So now, will you take time to find it, which should be very easy by now...if this is not, don't even try to make class D, since its >>>>>>> harder then simple search for threads
Old 19th March 2010, 04:35 PM   #13
dewardh is offline dewardh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSoft View Post
Ok so I need to build class-d amplifier for driving 8Ohm woofer.
This amp should be able to deliver 200-300 W Max.
The IRS2092 Reference Design is well documented (including pcb) and includes a 250x2 into 8 Ohm version.

http://www.irf.com/technical-info/re...iraudamp7d.pdf

http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1138.pdf

The Reference kit is available from DigiKey and there is a surface mount (board populated) version available from

Class D Audio Class D Power Amplifier, 250W X 2 - 8 Ohm

I have several of their 120x2 boards (which will give you 250 bridged, if you change your mind about that) and find them, after minor mods, quite satisfactory.
Old 19th March 2010, 05:11 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

dewardh THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LINKS and luka hvala brate

I am starting to make this one. Great project, I like it.

Can someone give me PCB for this project? There is pcb component layout but not PCB.

Last edited by DigiSoft; 19th March 2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 19th March 2010, 09:16 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Can you please send be the link luka because I am searching this forum whole day and can't find something like that.

There are thousands of topics with dsgfdsgfdsgfdgfdgfdgdfg names and when you open it there are like 500 pages of posts.
I have feeling that this forum is really unsorted. Sorry if I offend some moderators but it is really HARD to search throe because in almost every topic there are 500 pages of posts and somewhere in the middle at page 300 they have posted schematic. There should be projects section where all working and tested projects should go.

This is bad organizations for big forums like this.
I am searching this forum for almost 3 days and still can't find some good project.
Old 20th March 2010, 08:10 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

hehe, if you say it like that

First one was here
IR2113 blowing ! help needed...

Second one is here
D AMP is back !!!

Do read all of it, you will need all info from there
Your biggest problem will be somewhat good components and good layout... apart from this, is easy easy easy to understand and make it work

I also did one with 2092, for now only thing I will have to change (add) are gate drivers, this IC can't drive my fets
Old 20th March 2010, 11:53 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
hehe, if you say it like that

First one was here
IR2113 blowing ! help needed...

Second one is here
D AMP is back !!!

Do read all of it, you will need all info from there
Your biggest problem will be somewhat good components and good layout... apart from this, is easy easy easy to understand and make it work

I also did one with 2092, for now only thing I will have to change (add) are gate drivers, this IC can't drive my fets
Thank you very much. I have not seen this topic and I searched thousands and browsed thousands of topics. Thanks. I'll write back about my impressions
Old 20th March 2010, 12:56 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I've checked all posts in the two topics and the only good schematic I found is from Bender.ru. Is this the one you build luka?
Old 20th March 2010, 01:28 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

no this was not it, but it is the one alexclaire posted, has some mistakes, which were pointed out... I have also done it, with no mistakes as far as I know (amp did work). It should be still on my page
Old 20th March 2010, 01:50 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Nahh I saw your page and the project you have made and:

1. I can't solder SMD and I hate soldering SMD
2. you use fabricated PCB and I make my PCBs with laser printer.

So this project is not for me.

I need something with normal size components and good PCB layout.
I can't believe it is so hard to find good DOCUMENTED Class-D project with easy to make PCB.

I am getting angry because I spend 4 days and nothing. I search internet and everything so I think that finally there is non good project with good explanation for Class-D like there is for Class-A or B or AB. I think that there are some prototypes for Class-D amplifiers for over 200W but everything that is very limited to regions. That prototypes are all builded with some unique components that are hard to find in some parts of the world.

Not everyone can make smd pcbs.
For example I have no equipment to make SMD. I need heat station that cost over 300 euro lol

Last edited by DigiSoft; 20th March 2010 at 01:54 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!