Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2010, 08:28 AM   #1
inrank is offline inrank  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Hypex AS2.100, Open baffle and full range drivers

Hi,

I have been planning a new project for a while, and the Hypex AS2.100 seems the best way about doing it.

I want to have a full range driver (Omnes BB3.AL / Veravox 3 which i already have) crossed over to a large woofer (yet to be decided) in open baffle around 500Hzish.

With the AS2.100 modules (a pair) can i run them off a normal powered pre-amp or will the input be too loud?

Is the steepest slope i can low pass the full range driver 2nd Order (12db/Octave)?

And whats the easiest way to measure frequency response of the drivers? (starting from scratch with a laptop and no equipment).

Many thanks,

Robert
Old 10th March 2010, 09:57 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

No one?

Got the measureing equipment sorted
Old 10th March 2010, 10:20 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrank View Post
Hi,

I have been planning a new project for a while, and the Hypex AS2.100 seems the best way about doing it.

I want to have a full range driver (Omnes BB3.AL / Veravox 3 which i already have) crossed over to a large woofer (yet to be decided) in open baffle around 500Hzish.

With the AS2.100 modules (a pair) can i run them off a normal powered pre-amp or will the input be too loud?

Is the steepest slope i can low pass the full range driver 2nd Order (12db/Octave)?

And whats the easiest way to measure frequency response of the drivers? (starting from scratch with a laptop and no equipment).

Many thanks,

Robert
Hello Robert,

A normal source like a preamp or CD/DVD player will do. Any normal line in signal can be used, and also SPDIF signals for the AS2.100digital.

For each channel you got up to 10 Biquads available. Where each biquad can be seen as a 2nd order filter. All biquads are in series so configurating 2 biquads to HF 2nd order will make a 4th order, and so on.
You can already download the software from our website (Hypex Electronics B.V.) and play with it so you can see what the possebilities are.

For measuring you would need a Impluse responce measurement, that can be made by several standard measuring programs + mic.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:47 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks,

Got what i need for the mic/soundcard sorted, so just need to wait for a few things to pull the trigger on a pair of the ASD2.100's

Hide this!Advertise here!