How to make a stable car amplifier with TAS5630

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TAS5630 have largest power out within single chip,I think it should be develop and use in car audio amp.
4×225W/4Ω/1%THD@50V, double chip,safety ,output parameter is good,but how can we get regulated voltage @ large current out by easy way.

If the amp efficiency is 85%,the PSU should deliver out 1100W@50V at least.
the PSU should have 1300W convert ability, we have to make 12v/110A battery power to 50V/26A DC regulated voltage power.

I think it should have so much ways to resolve it,but I haven't any idea to make it stable and cheaper.

I think there are giants in forums,let's talk about it .

TAS5630 have largest power out within single chip,I think it should be develop and use in car audio amp.
4×225W/4Ω/1%THD@50V, double chip,safety ,output parameter is good,but how can we get regulated voltage @ large current out by easy way.

the PSU should have 1300W convert ability, we have to make 12v/110A battery power to 50V/26A DC regulated voltage power.

I think it should have so much ways to resolve it,but I haven't any idea to make it stable and cheaper.

I think there are giants in forums,let's talk about it .

Do you even have any idea what a 4X225 watt amp can do in a car :eek:
and BTW TAS 5630 is a 1X600w chip=2X300w=4X150w. How did you got this magical figure 4 X 225W

Last edited:
Do you even have any idea what a 4X225 watt amp can do in a car :eek:
and BTW TAS 5630 is a 1X600w chip=2X300w=4X150w. How did you got this magical figure 4 X 225W

Double chip,mean two chip in one amp,I have redraw our schematic for it ,we want make dc-dc and class d with two modules,so the dc-dc can be fitted near battery,and amp have little dimension and fit anywhere easily.

We are developing new modules of DC/DC+TAS5630 modules now,it can be fitted near speaker in the car ,easlily used ,connect +12v to DC INPUT,connect orignal speaker line to signal input,and connect speaker to module speaker out,it can deliver out 1*300W/2ohm/mono or 2*150W/4ohm/ stereo.10cm*10cm*3.5cm dimension.

Attachments

• CAR AMP.pdf
    5.8 KB · Views: 337
  • car amp.JPG
    car amp.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:

Efficiency of a class ab amp is around 60%.

60% of power into speaker and 40% into the heatsink.

Class D is much better around 80-90%.

Double chip,mean two chip in one amp,I have redraw our schematic for it ,we want make dc-dc and class d with two modules,so the dc-dc can be fitted near battery,and amp have little dimension and fit anywhere easily.

Usually car speakers have 2 - 4 ohm, I think a single TAS5630 will cut it. SE mode can handle 2ohm.

I would really like to see this chip in a head unit tho. May be not full power but around 100W++ X 4@4ohm. It will be the most powerful head unit ever.

:D

Usually car speakers have 2 - 4 ohm, I think a single TAS5630 will cut it. SE mode can handle 2ohm.

I would really like to see this chip in a head unit tho. May be not full power but around 100W++ X 4@4ohm. It will be the most powerful head unit ever.

:D

good idea! suggest place a relay between se output and half vcc ,if not you can not boot the tas cjip when speaker wired .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.