icepower 500/1000ASP power by battery (DC input)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can use DC power in on the ASPs if you want because the SMPS rectifies the AC line voltage
New thread, would appreciate input there, or here
Running ICEpower modules off DC, batteries, no mains AC available

From there
The A series 250A, 500A can be battery powered, and were used in the Presideo products on 48v DC battery rail (36 min 56V nominal or 4 series 12v sla batteries to be exact!); however they also need low current +- 12 to 15V rail as well.
I could not find the "Presideo" line, and if spelled Presidio, too much on google is about the SF fort/park.

Anyone know how to find out more about that? 48Vdc is my most common power backbone. . .

Maybe referring to Bosch Praesideo Digital Public Address and Emergency Sound System, which has 48V emergency battery backup.

I am unable to confirm a connection between this and Icepower. Cannot find a picture of one of these puppies opened up. Wouldn't be surprised that they might use an Icepower module. If so, what a waste.

PRS-1B500 Basic Amplifier 1x500 W
PRS-2B250 Basic Amplifier 2x250 W
PRS.4B125 Basic Amplifier 4x125 W
PRS.8B060 Basic Amplifier 8x60 W
LBB 4421/10 Power Amplifier 1 x 500 W
LBB 4422/10 Power Amplifier 2 x 250 W
LBB 4424/10 Power Amplifier 4 x 125 W
LBB 4428/00 Power Amplifier 8 x 60 W

Bosch PRS-1B500 Features
High efficiency class-D amplifier channel(s)
Switched mode power supply
Local audio inputs
Mains and battery operation
Complete supervision

$2000-4000 just for the power amps, rest of the modules for a "security PA" probably 10 grand and up

I think spending an extra $25-50 for the ICEpower was probably a rational decision.

Hoping to score some at pennies on the dollar on eBay one day just for reverse engineering purposes :cool:

The problem is the total weight of these units adds to shipping costs. Contacted one of the eBay sellers and asked him about the unit. No response yet. Sellers should strip off the parts. Many more buyers for icepower than Bosch PA systems. Need to check my local electronic surplus stores (Los Angeles area).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.