Hypex UcD and SMPS in separate enclosures?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to use a modular approach to implementing some multi-amped hypex modules, adding and removing amp modules as required, and keeping everything as compact as possible. The final solution will be a 'multi-monoblocked' approach - with separate psus behind each speaker and separate amps for each driver, but starting with just one amp per speaker.

I want to put an SMPS400 psu in one case, with each UCD module in a separate case. The UCD modules would therefore be connected to the PSU via an umbilical. Typically the umbilical will be only be about 200mm long, so with internal wiring within the amp and PSU cases there will be a total wiring length of, say, 400mm. However, for convenient physical location of the modules it will also be helpful to connect the amps with umbilicals of, say, up to 700mm giving an overall wiring length of about 1m

So my questions?
- any reasons why I will struggle with this?
- is additional reservoir capacitance required in each of the amp boxes?
...or will this simply make it harder work for the smps?
- or should I put local regulation in each of the amp boxes?

- in the EMI paper on the hypex site, one of the key points is that you need an aerial to radiate emi - potentially I'm now adding a set of aerials to the amps/supply

- suggestions on umbilical construction (I'd go for a simple twisted construction in the first instance)

Connectors yet to be decided for the umbilical.

- or am I worrying to much and do I just try it and see?

Many thanks for any feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.