|Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|18th February 2010, 11:29 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Hypex UcD and SMPS in separate enclosures?
I want to use a modular approach to implementing some multi-amped hypex modules, adding and removing amp modules as required, and keeping everything as compact as possible. The final solution will be a 'multi-monoblocked' approach - with separate psus behind each speaker and separate amps for each driver, but starting with just one amp per speaker.
I want to put an SMPS400 psu in one case, with each UCD module in a separate case. The UCD modules would therefore be connected to the PSU via an umbilical. Typically the umbilical will be only be about 200mm long, so with internal wiring within the amp and PSU cases there will be a total wiring length of, say, 400mm. However, for convenient physical location of the modules it will also be helpful to connect the amps with umbilicals of, say, up to 700mm giving an overall wiring length of about 1m
So my questions?
- any reasons why I will struggle with this?
- is additional reservoir capacitance required in each of the amp boxes?
...or will this simply make it harder work for the smps?
- or should I put local regulation in each of the amp boxes?
- in the EMI paper on the hypex site, one of the key points is that you need an aerial to radiate emi - potentially I'm now adding a set of aerials to the amps/supply
- suggestions on umbilical construction (I'd go for a simple twisted construction in the first instance)
Connectors yet to be decided for the umbilical.
- or am I worrying to much and do I just try it and see?
Many thanks for any feedback
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Grounding with separate enclosures||CfM||Power Supplies||4||28th March 2009 04:12 AM|
|Question for those who have tried hypex smps with hypex modules||avian||Class D||12||3rd March 2009 10:30 AM|
|Hypex UcD 180AD + signal wires, Power Supply ST, Hypex Transformer TR100A||c10h12n2||Swap Meet||7||7th July 2007 04:55 PM|
|FS: Hypex UcD 400/180AD, hypex toroid||Archmage||Swap Meet||4||14th November 2006 05:23 AM|
|Hypex UcD 400 & 180 separate opamp supply||Leeuwarden||Class D||18||12th March 2006 04:31 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|