Minimum gain for Tripath TK2050?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many Class AB amps lose stability below a certain amount of gain. Is there a minimum gain for the Tripath TC2000/TK2050 chip set? I have read through the TK2050 data sheet and find only a formula for optimizing the feedback ratio according to supply voltage but no minimum gain spec. The performance characteristics show only a "typical gain" of 15V/V for 30v supply. No spec for min or max gain. The feedback ratio obviously sets the gain. I'm using 1K and 15K resistors that come in the Sure 2X100 amp which are optimal for 32V and give a gain of 16V/V which just happens to give a perfect input sensitivity for my digital source to run direct in using only a few db of digital volume control at full reference listening levels with my inefficient Usher two ways. I am going to go active with these amps and would like much less gain for the new 100db compression tweeter section than the dipole woofers will need. Can I go down as low as 1K ohms with 9K at 20V for a gain of 10V/V for instance with no stability issues?
http://www.sure-electronics.net/download/TK2050.pdf

Attachments

• TK2050pdf3comp.jpg
    TK2050pdf3comp.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 318
  • TK2050pdf1comp.jpg
    TK2050pdf1comp.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 302
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.