Kole KX1-5500D in protect mode. Shorted diode?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This car audio amp was in my car before I got my 2 AP30001D's. I was shredding CD's with the port on my box. (If you dont know what I mean, youtube it..) Anyways, a piece of the CD film managed to make it's way to the circuit board and short out something on the amp. I heard it go pop and a little bit of smoke. The Amp instantly went into protect mode.

Photo0528-1.jpg

kx15500d3.jpg

Anyways..
I took the board out of the heatsink and desodered diodes D325 and D326. On diode check mode with the multimeter, they allow current to pass both ways... I believe the CD piece allowed a capacitor to short to the diodes.

KoleKX1-5500DpossibleBaddiodes.jpg

I was wondering if there are any other components you guys think I should remove and test that might have also been affected.

FR104 Datasheet
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/surge/FR104.pdf

Thanks in advance for helping out! Im a noob at this.
-Mike

I think that the burned components are rectifying the power supply for the driver of high side mosfets.Try to connect a power supply between vcc and vppd,12 to 15v,floating, - to vcc ,+ to vppd .Use a 100 ohm resistor for current limiting..If the amplifier is working,you can change the diodes.If the amplifier is not working you may have other damaged components,probably in the driving stage for mosfets.Please note that i am not 100% sure about what i 'm saying.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.