Hypex problem, who can help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone,

I put the modules UCH180HG together, my setup, softstart to Mono HG power supply, to the UCD180HG, with TR180 transformer.

i get very low output, ears to the speaker you can hear something, but very very low. if i higher the preamp volume, the sound will be not louder but will get a distortion in de sound, input to high i think.

any suggestions what it could do wrong, i followed the hypex papers correctly..

is D6 a led on the 180HG print? must it give light when turn on?

i have voltage on the print, that's ok. but is module defect?

i hope someone can help.

thx in advance
Hans

I have the same problem, no sound from one of the modules, and very low sound from the other.

I've measured voltage on the modules, and it looked ok. So it seems like the problem is related to the output cables, like thread starter.

But I cannot see anything wrong with my speaker/signal outputs or cables.
The solderings look fine, and all cables are checked and double-checked.

Any tips?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
there is a mute function. in order for modules to work you need connect black wire J4 (most inner one next to fast on connectors) with earth on module itself.

Thanks for the response.
J4 on my HG supply is + (red cable) to the module. I also have a ground from the supply to each module (J2/J5, black cable).

Everything is connected according to the hypex instructions:
Downloads

You have no input ground/-
the molex connector pin out should be
starting from black thin black wire mute off/on or amp on/off
signal -
signal ground
signal +
if you are running rca inputs you will need to connect signal - with signal ground and then connect to these rings that stick out in the middle with absolutely nothing connected to them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.