arjenhelder Vs 41HZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to build a TAMP to drive my tweeters in a Bi-Amped system I was going to order a 41Hz TA2020 Amp6-Basic as they seem highly regarded; but I've just stumbled on several posts about the arjenhelder_electronic MKIII Tripath TA2020 which also seems highly regarded; the only real difference to me other than a bit of a difference in cost due to the strength of the euro is the arjenhelder_electronic has a 4 week lead time; has anyone tried both, is it worth the wait over the AMP6?

There is a big difference. Arjen's amps are already built and tested. I have 4 of his earlier cheap amps that are 9 watt output compared to 10 watt of this amp and think they are ok. I am using multiple speakers and amps so do not need much power.

Where did you see that there is a 4 week wait? I think you would receive it in about 2 weeks because of shipping from China.
Ted

Last edited:
I have built six amps from 41hz. An amp9basic, amp32, and a bunch of amp6basics. If you enjoy soldering then these are for you. I prefer to build my own so I choose to go this route. If you are not very familiar with building a kit like this you may want to start out with the amp6basic as it is the easiest and to power it just about any 12volt laptop supply will work fine. I cannot speak for the other kit but the 41hz products have been great. I have had some issues while building but they were quickly resolved via the forums there.

There is a big difference. Arjen's amps are already built and tested. I have 4 of his earlier cheap amps that are 9 watt output compared to 10 watt of this amp and think they are ok. I am using multiple speakers and amps so do not need much power.

Where did you see that there is a 4 week wait? I think you would receive it in about 2 weeks because of shipping from China.
Ted

I have built six amps from 41hz. An amp9basic, amp32, and a bunch of amp6basics. If you enjoy soldering then these are for you. I prefer to build my own so I choose to go this route. If you are not very familiar with building a kit like this you may want to start out with the amp6basic as it is the easiest and to power it just about any 12volt laptop supply will work fine. I cannot speak for the other kit but the 41hz products have been great. I have had some issues while building but they were quickly resolved via the forums there.

Cheers Guys; I have no problem at all with the build I have years of SMT soldering under my belt but I thought I'd go for the AMP6 basic as It would be asier to upgraded leaded components; I was curious as to wether there was a difference in quality with the Arjen kit?
Arjen states 4-5 weeks on his ebay page, I guess thie probably playing safe!

My mistake. I paid $41 for 4 of the early 2024 amps delivered in Columbia, Missouri in 13 days from time of payment. I don't know why Stacy is showing such a long time now. Maybe somebody got slow delivery and got mad. If you want to pay someone to allow you to solder, come work for me but I like to plug it in and have it work without worry, hehe.

Remember that all of these so called 25 watt amps are really putting out 10 watts at low distortion. I would like to have a lower impedance amp like the 41Hz 9 to handle several speakers in parallel.
Good luck,
Ted

41 hz ??

question can anybody help me contact 41hz.i have purchased a amp 9 it was missing some caps.the site does not let me login or it never sends me my reset e-mail , when i try to contact 41 hz customer service i never get a response . it has been months. my e-mail is elecres@aol.com . i would like to purchase more from them but if i get no customer service that makes it hard. thanks in advance !!

question can anybody help me contact 41hz.i have purchased a amp 9 it was missing some caps.the site does not let me login or it never sends me my reset e-mail , when i try to contact 41 hz customer service i never get a response . it has been months. my e-mail is elecres@aol.com . i would like to purchase more from them but if i get no customer service that makes it hard. thanks in advance !!

Ouch! Sounds like a technical problem - they have recently been updating their site, etc. I've been in contact with mr. 41Hz about the server, and read other people's experiences about contact, and it sounds like a case of very bad luck in your case :( Bad luck for both you and 41Hz! .... I'll forward this forum post to mr. 41Hz!

Feel free to PM me if nothing happens within a couple of days - I'm prepared to help but I'm also an extremely forgetful man :)

-- edit - btw, did you try the 41Hz forum also? Here: http://www.41hz.com/forums/forum.php ... It'd be interesting technically to know if you were able to get on there or not. Good luck!

-- Edit 2: I also put up a sort of help-request / awareness raiser at the 41Hz forum: http://www.41hz.com/forums/showthread.php?3047-Lost-at-sea

Last edited:
elecres, it seems you are not getting our mails. Maybe caught in your junk mail? I replied you on the 16:th of october by email and via the support system/page. I have sent a mail today too, hope it gets through. One option is that you sign up on my forum and PM me from there. We will solve this somehow!

I don't know why Stacy is showing such a long time now. Maybe somebody got slow delivery and got mad.

FWIW, I ordered my MkIII while Arjen was in the hospital, and was fully aware of the possiblity of an extra wait for delivery. Date of payment on my end was the 14th of this month. The official reopening of their Ebay store was the 19th. My purchase showed up in Canadian customs on the 26th.

It should also be mentioned that I added items to the order after the fact.

I can't say enough about the service I received from Stacy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.